San Antonio Interview Questions in San Antonio, TX | Glassdoor

San Antonio Interview Questions in San Antonio, TX

Library Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was called for an interview a week after the position closed. It was a panel of 3 people. A Library Manager, Assistant Manager and a Library Aide. There were 10 questions which they took turns asking. As I answered the questions they wrote down notes. It was a little strange because they did not make much eye contact during the entire interview. Also, I should've asked if they had seen my resume and qualifications because there was no opportunity to "tell a little about yourself" etc.. I tried to provide that information while answering the questions but it threw me off.

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

One hour meeting with 3 managers asking a list of scripted questions. They did not go over benefits, but they did go over the base pay, and they informed me that on average they get a cost of living increase in pay.

Interview Questions

• What my expectations were.   1 Answer

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Just as any other interviews. normal questions about yourself and your personalities and your creativity skill.
    Sit in their conference room and asked about less than ten questions about yourself and how you gain trust and how you handle time management.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Business professional. Two people will interview you and take turns asking questions. Very formal, but they make you feel comfortable during the interview. It is like having a casual conversation.

Library Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Submit Application, They give a quick phone interview just to learn a little about you. Then they set up a face to face interview. My interview had 3 people asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with an upset customer?   2 Answers

Crime Scene Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online through the San Antonio City website. Shortly after the closing date for the job, I received an e-mail stating that I met the minimum requirements. About a week after the e-mail, I was contacted to set up an interview date. The interview was a panel structure and consisted of several scenario based questions along with the standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are pretty common interview questions regarding previous employment and work atmosphere. Several scenario based questions surrounding crime scene investigation were asked as well.   Answer Question

Senior Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Competitive screening process by HR based on minimum requirements, 5-8 candidates selected for interview based on compatability with the existing team, extra skills that you can add to the department and your work experience. Master's degree preferred for senior management postings

Interview Questions

• Questions specific to the department that you are applying to, research the department website and know the current programs and policies. Do your reasearch and get references and recommendations from somebody inside the City if possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very less, ususally offered the lowest base

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Application and resume submitted online. After about a month of waiting, called for an interview. After the interview, on of the members of the panel contacted me to inform me I had been selected. Unfortunately, Human Resources vetoed my application even after gaining the recommendation from the interviewing panel.

Interview Questions

• All questions were very straight forward and on topic about the work that would be done.   1 Answer

Side Load Dtiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

To long and really not specific. 3 mangers asking questions that were not on the same page..They do make you feel comfortable which is a plus but you can leave out confused .

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Every interview I did with SAPL was a panel style interview with 3-4 managers interviewing one candidate. It was a series of 10 or so questions. Expect to spend about an hour for the interview. Every question was a scenario type question that began with, "Tell about a time when you..." and you were expected to give examples from your work experience. I personally never did well with this style of interview because I found it difficult to think of specific examples from my work history "on the spot" and to articulate a good answer. Be aware that the hiring process for the City of SA is long and complex and takes a very long time (sometimes 6+ months from the time you apply to the time you interview to the time you hear the result of your interview) so hopefully you aren't in a hurry to get a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you disagreed with your manager and how you handled it.
      Tell about the professional accomplishment you are most proud of.
      Tell about a time when you had to give difficult news to an employee you supervised.
      Answer Question