San Diego County Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

San Diego County Credit Union Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2017

2.6

Teller Interview

Interview

The preliminary interview is a highly structured phone interview in which you will be asked about specific situations from your previous jobs. My review is negative because I don't do well with this type of interview. Before interviewing, be sure to be prepared to describe specific situations in which you dealt with an unhappy customer, disagreed with and resolved a conflict with your management, and initiated a change in protocol in your work environment. They really want a story about your past work, rather than a general statement about how you would respond to the situation their question proposed.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a specific instance in which you had to deal with a customer who was unhappy about your product or service.   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

Unprofessional and poor follow up by their recruiter. Applied for 2 separate Branch Manager positions. Received and email from the recruiter to respond with my availability to interview. Responded in a prompt manner and never heard back. Sent another follow up email to the recruiter and she responded and asked about my availability again and I responded a second time . Never heard back ever again from the recruiter.

The second time I applied 2 months later for another branch Manager Position. Received an email to schedule time for an interview. Responded with I am flexible and can interview anytime most convenient to her.

Once again, never heard back from the recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Diego County Credit Union (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I sent in my app, was emailed an online test, phone interview, then in person interview. The night of my interview I was sent a survey to have my former coworkers complete. All that took one week. Then I heard nothing for 5 or 6 weeks. Then I got a call and was offered a position with a start date

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at San Diego County Credit Union (Chula Vista, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied as an external candidate with some banking experience. I interviewed at 2 different locations. Overall process took a little over a month for an offer and about 2 months before start date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at San Diego County Credit Union (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online, call back to schedule interview, I interviewed at their administrative office, waited over a month to hear back, was assigned to a branch that could accommodate my school schedule and was sent to training two weeks later. Training was week and a half long classroom training at administrative office with 2 days in a branch supervised by a trainer. Then sent to permanent branch.

Interview Questions

• What are a couple of things your past or current manager would say about you/your work?   Answer Question

Marketing Department Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Diego County Credit Union.

Interview

I interviewed for a position at SDCC and was not impressed. It was supposed to be a group interview but the hiring manager didn't show up because of an internal emergency and the person who interviewed me didn't really seem that interested or engaged. I was asked typical questions but when it came time to talk about the position, I just was not given a ton of samples of the type of environment I would be working in, or company culture, nor was I given very many details of what the day to day duties would be. It seemed like a very boring job from the way it was described (VERY different from the written description - as if it was a totally different position.)

I asked a lot of questions and they were answered straightforwardly but they were by no means trying to make the job sound appealing at all. I came in very enthusiastic about the position and left feeling like they already had someone in mind and I was an "insurance" candidate - or perhaps they were just filling their interview quota and already had someone internal in mind. It was pretty disappointing.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at San Diego County Credit Union (San Diego, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process is fairly easy. They ask you questions based on experience and why you would like to work there. They also discuss your background and your availability to work and source of transportation.

Interview Questions

• Why San Diego county credit union?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at San Diego County Credit Union (San Diego, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Their interview process was quick. I dropped off the job application at their administrative office location and received a phone call for an interview with a HR personnel the very next day. My interview took about 30 minutes. I had to answer questions like "What were my strength and weakness?" and "Describe a time where I had deal with a difficult customer and how did I handle it." I thought I did well because toward the end of the interview, she told me who she is going to call for reference and asked when can I start. It been over a month and she has yet to call my references and I have yet to hear from the company, so I figured I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• What were your strength and weakness?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at San Diego County Credit Union (San Diego, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

applied through human resources and was interviewed as internal candidate

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation internal promotion

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at San Diego County Credit Union (San Diego, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

I went to a job fair held at the administrative office back in 2008 where I interviewed for a teller and Member Service Supervisor. The interview was held by a human resource specialist and took about 5 minutes. I received a call shortly thereafter for a second interview with the main HR person who no longer works for the company. That second interview took about an hour (or longer I can't remember) but I didn't hear back from the lady until I called nearly 2 weeks later, in which I was finally asked to accept the job and was offered the exact amount I requested on the application.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult relationship with a customer and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate; I was given the amount I stated on my job application.