San Diego County Water Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at San Diego County Water Authority

3.5

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Diego County Water Authority (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR Analyst to come in and test and interview on a panel. The test was a basic accounting and excel test, nothing to worry about. The panel is somewhat intimidating. It was a panel of about 5 people all asking about 10 questions total one after the other. I was called into my second interview a couple weeks after that to meet with the Controller and Director of Finance

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at San Diego County Water Authority in August 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for an Appraisal Interview first. I had no idea what an Appraisal interview was. When I got there I interviewed with four people and only one of them worked in the HR Dept at SDWA. They asked 9 structured questions about specific job experience. From what I understand, the answers are weighted and the highest scoring candidates will be asked to come back for a final interview with the HR Manager and Director. I first applied one month ago, and I am supposed to hear about whether or not I qualified for the next interview by next week. I think that is pretty fast for a government job.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in recruitment and selection?   Answer Question
    • What was your most challenging situation in which you were counseling someone?   Answer Question
    • What did you do when you had to classify a rare position?   Answer Question

Public Affairs Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at San Diego County Water Authority (San Diego, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

I applied for the job through my career website at my college. Got a phone call from them the next week asking to come in for an interview. I did a writing test that lasted 20 minutes and did an interview in front of a panel of three people. They were very nice about it, but a little nervewracking interviewing in front of three people at once. They called me later that day asking what hours I was available to work and offered me the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with setting up large public outreach events.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You cannot negotiate, the hourly rates are rigidly set since it is a public agency.

Human Resources Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at San Diego County Water Authority (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I did not realize that it was an appraisal interview until it got under way. When interview was scheduled, the scheduler said she was calling to schedule me for an interview. I took that to mean a job interview, which was how I prepared for it. Had I known it was an appraisal interview, I would have prepared differently. It would have made a difference in the types of questions I studied beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Technical HR questions - what is your experience in such and such HR function?   Answer Question

Water Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Diego County Water Authority.

Interview

Interviewed by two HR staff who may or may not have had a background in water resources. They were friendly and asked general interview questions that you would expect from a typical interview.

Assistant Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at San Diego County Water Authority (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I was placed with SDCWA through a recruiting agency. I received an interview request on a Thursday morning and set my interview for the next morning. I interviewed with two people in the department I would be working in. Both interviewers were incredibly laid back, easy going & and very welcoming, which helped a lot seeing as I was a nervous wreck. The interview lasted about 20 minutes at most. Received a phone call within two hours after my interview from the recruiter saying SDCWA wanted to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have doing (job duty) and ( another job duty)?   Answer Question
    • What job function/duty do you like the least?   Answer Question
    • What are your short term and long term goals for your career and how do you see them affecting your position here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A. Salary schedules and hours are not really negotiable as it is a public agency. However, SDCWA has the highest salary range when compared to the city, county, and other public agencies. More than fair!