San Diego Zoo Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

San Diego Zoo Global Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.1

Horticulture Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at San Diego Zoo Global.

Interview

The job posting screening questions were very difficult to navigate and you only have one chance to get it right. I had an in person interview and also had a questonaire. The in person questions were very negative and did not ask about the positive aspects of my career only focusing on negatives.

Food Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Diego Zoo Global.

Interview

It was pretty simple, the two managers sat me down and asked me questions about myself and any activities I did as I was in high school and had no prior work experience. They hired me on the spot.

Food Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Diego Zoo Global in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I got a conformation email to attend the interview a week later.The interview took place 3 weeks later. The interview was with another person. I was in a room with about 10 other managers interview three people at a time for different locations at the zoo.

Summer Education Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Diego Zoo Global (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Found out about the internship program online, created an account, and filled out the questionnaire within about an hour. It took a few weeks to hear back about an interview after sending my cover letter and letter of recommendation, but not too long. Did an initial investment person interview, followed by a Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with how a coworker did their job and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at San Diego Zoo Global (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Easy, basic questions . Looking for team work and positive attitude. Very casual and laid back. No skills tests. Saliva Drug test, live scan , DMV driving record . You a lot of online forms and docu sign. Make sure to check your email frequently

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at San Diego Zoo Global (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application online. They contacted me by email that I was accepted for an interview and gave the choice to interview in person, over skype, or over the phone. They gave around a 3 week window for the interview. I went in for an interview and it took 20 to 30 minutes.

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at San Diego Zoo Global (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a very easy group interview. There ask you how you would handle situations and why you want to work there and how well you work with a group.

Gust Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at San Diego Zoo Global (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

phone interview first . followed by face to face interview. the questions were typical and professional . respect was given which was nice on both ends. they were honest and straight forward with everything . I was notified about my offer of employment within 3 days and I stayed work within a 2 week period of time. I love my job and am glad that I have the opprotunity to work for such a great employer.

Interview Questions

• what was a situation where you previously had to handle a lot of change, and how did you make the situation turn out ?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at San Diego Zoo Global (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online after doing an automated web-based questionnaire. Beware international applicants: if you are applying for a postdoc and require a visa, you should still tick on the questionnaire that you are eligible to work in the US. San Diego Zoo will sponsor a visa for you. If you tick that you are not eligible, you will not be able to proceed with the rest of the application process.
    The online form was relatively straightforward to fill out. You can upload your CV too. I was surprised that there wasn't the typical question to ask why you are applying for this job, nor anywhere to upload a covering letter. This means you have to really sell yourself in the other sections of the application.
    Applications were only accepted for 2 weeks, so the searching period was very short. I then heard the day afterwards that I had been called for interview. The interview was scheduled by Skype (as I am from the UK) for the very next day - SHORT NOTICE!!! As I was at work all the next day, I had to basically spend the whole night swatting up on interview prep!
    The interview itself was really casual and pleasant. My two interviewers put me at ease from the start and, although they were asking standard interview questions, it felt more like a chat than an intimidating interview.
    I heard back about getting the job 3 days later. I wasn't told about the salary, however, until a week after I accepted the role.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioural questions, such as "if you were in this situation, what would you do?" or "can you tell me about a time where you...".   Answer Question
    • Standard SDZ job questions such as if you can adhere to the dress code, if you are able to work standing up or sitting down for long periods, if you can tell them about a time where you impressed customers, etc.   Answer Question
    • Typical interview questions like why are you applying for the job, what skills do you have that suit the role, why are you leaving your current job   Answer Question

Merchandise Sales Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at San Diego Zoo Global (Escondido, CA).

Interview

Interviewed by a manager and classified lead. They asked several questions including situational questions, availability, and personality questions. I was hired on the spot! Had training a few days later, with a drug test and picture for an employee ID. There were several training days including one day for customer service, Park training, and department training, all was paid. Training also included register training and buddy training on the store floor.

Interview Questions

• what would you do in this situation?   1 Answer