San Diego Zoo Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 28, 2016

2.0

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at San Diego Zoo Global (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a very easy group interview. There ask you how you would handle situations and why you want to work there and how well you work with a group.

Gust Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at San Diego Zoo Global (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

phone interview first . followed by face to face interview. the questions were typical and professional . respect was given which was nice on both ends. they were honest and straight forward with everything . I was notified about my offer of employment within 3 days and I stayed work within a 2 week period of time. I love my job and am glad that I have the opprotunity to work for such a great employer.

Interview Questions

• what was a situation where you previously had to handle a lot of change, and how did you make the situation turn out ?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at San Diego Zoo Global (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online after doing an automated web-based questionnaire. Beware international applicants: if you are applying for a postdoc and require a visa, you should still tick on the questionnaire that you are eligible to work in the US. San Diego Zoo will sponsor a visa for you. If you tick that you are not eligible, you will not be able to proceed with the rest of the application process.
    The online form was relatively straightforward to fill out. You can upload your CV too. I was surprised that there wasn't the typical question to ask why you are applying for this job, nor anywhere to upload a covering letter. This means you have to really sell yourself in the other sections of the application.
    Applications were only accepted for 2 weeks, so the searching period was very short. I then heard the day afterwards that I had been called for interview. The interview was scheduled by Skype (as I am from the UK) for the very next day - SHORT NOTICE!!! As I was at work all the next day, I had to basically spend the whole night swatting up on interview prep!
    The interview itself was really casual and pleasant. My two interviewers put me at ease from the start and, although they were asking standard interview questions, it felt more like a chat than an intimidating interview.
    I heard back about getting the job 3 days later. I wasn't told about the salary, however, until a week after I accepted the role.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioural questions, such as "if you were in this situation, what would you do?" or "can you tell me about a time where you...".   Answer Question
    • Standard SDZ job questions such as if you can adhere to the dress code, if you are able to work standing up or sitting down for long periods, if you can tell them about a time where you impressed customers, etc.   Answer Question
    • Typical interview questions like why are you applying for the job, what skills do you have that suit the role, why are you leaving your current job   Answer Question

Merchandise Sales Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at San Diego Zoo Global (Escondido, CA).

Interview

Interviewed by a manager and classified lead. They asked several questions including situational questions, availability, and personality questions. I was hired on the spot! Had training a few days later, with a drug test and picture for an employee ID. There were several training days including one day for customer service, Park training, and department training, all was paid. Training also included register training and buddy training on the store floor.

Interview Questions

• what would you do in this situation?   1 Answer

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at San Diego Zoo Global (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview was done in a group setting. It involved 1 manager and 2 supervisors asking questions to 2 applicants. The questions were about prior experience (in work and school), motivation for applying with the zoo, and career goals.

Food Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at San Diego Zoo Global.

Interview

I attended an on-site job fair. A group interview (4 people) was conducted by the manager and lead. They first asked to introduce ourselves, then on-by-by asked a few behavior and situational questions.

Warehouse Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at San Diego Zoo Global (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very brief and to the point. There were a few other people getting interviewed for the same job. They looked pretty unprofessional. I would recommend wearing a dress shirt and tie if you are a guy. They do a saliva drug test. The questions were very basic if you have half a brain you should do fine
    They asked how my previous experience would transfer over to the job. Two people interviewed me but it was not intimiadating at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe one experience in which you demonstrated an ability to work on your own without much direction?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at San Diego Zoo Global (Pomona, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Went in for an interview in person and it was super relaxing. They ask a lot of STAR questions in terms of working with a team, how you solved a conflict, when did you rise to the occasion, and etc. they then ask you what position you're interested in most out of the three they currently offer and then let you know when they will inform you of their decision. they're really nice people!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when you had to resolve a conflict. what was the result of your actions?   Answer Question

Negotiation

did not negotiate.

Food Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at San Diego Zoo Global.

Interview

Applied online. Took about a month to hear back. Interview was a group interview but no body in my group showed up so it turned into a mini panel interview. Was interviewed by a food manager and a food supervisor. Asked standard customer service questions. Interview was a total of 5 mins.

Interview Questions

• " Are you able to operate an ice cream machine?"   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

A few interviews, very comfortable environment
    HR staff extremely helpful in accommodation / logistics / hiring process

Culture is fantastic - world renowned organization speaks for itself. Everyone is kind, helpful, fun, doesn't take themselves too seriously, and enthusiastic about the society, their career, and your career. Everyone shares a passion for wildlife and conservation.