San Francisco General Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at San Francisco General Hospital

Interviews for Top Jobs at San Francisco General Hospital

Mental Health Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Francisco General Hospital (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied on-line. Met one-on-one with director and supervisor. Received a phone call about getting the position later. Had to go through health screening (TB test, vaccination records, ect). The process was easy and overall pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Asked about past positions, long term goals. Also asked about prior patient population, what I'm looking for in a supervisor, do I enjoy working with a team.   Answer Question

Medical Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at San Francisco General Hospital (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with Director and Supervisor. They looked over my resume and asked a few questions. They gave me a couple of scenarios and added additional facts as the scenario continued. They informed me this was a preliminary interview as they were interviewing many other social workers for the positions.

Eligibility Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at San Francisco General Hospital (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Filled out a math word problem test with 8 questions testing problem solving and math skills such as multiplication and division, followed by a short panel interview with three supervisors who asked predetermined questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something you don't want to tell me.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at San Francisco General Hospital (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Math Exam, which you must pass with an 80% to move forward. Standard set of 8-10 scenarios given and scored by two Nurses (one a Manager, and another a floor nurse). Each gives their own scoring depending on how they feel you answered each question. Ends with a care plan based on a scenario about a patient. You must create the care plan yourself, there is no outline or prompt. Based on how you score on each, the person(s) with the highest scores will be offered a position.

Interview Questions

• I was not properly prepared for the interview, which was more like a 2 hour exam. No one asked me any questions typical of a "interview" such as "why you want to work here" etc...   Answer Question

Psychiatric Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Francisco General Hospital (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied in January 2016. I was interviewed for the position June 2016. They had called one of two of my references the day after my interview. I was told that I will hear from them if I'm hired or not. But never heard anything from them.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions.   Answer Question
    • Do they call everyone's references even if they don't have any intention of hiring you for the position?   Answer Question

Surgical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at San Francisco General Hospital (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

They started with a questionnaire. As long as you passed with a score of 700 you are ranked. Then you are center for a panel interview. Reviewing gowning/gloving/ basic instrument identification & problem resolution questions.

Interview Questions

• What cases would you use the basic instruments for? How would you handle a problems with an associate?   Answer Question