San Francisco Health Plan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

San Francisco Health Plan Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2017

Programmer Analyst/SQL Server Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Francisco Health Plan (Telephone, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with HR call, Manager call, 3 and half hr interview(3 panels) .Meeting entire team who interviewed. Then finally call with the Director. Basic SQL written test, then video conference phone interview and finally phone call.

Interview Questions

• SQL server questions, write queries, know about health insurance process, ?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to join this company   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Francisco Health Plan.

Interview

Spoke with the recruiter and then hiring manager. Recruiter was horrible with following up after each process and slow to respond. Pretty disappointing considering their website states that they want to make the candidate process great...

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at San Francisco Health Plan (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There was one interview at the agency, one interview with 2 HR people and one interview with the CS manager. I would say that last interview was the most important, first one was barely screening

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at San Francisco Health Plan (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a lengthy interview process; Phone call with HR person (the best), then a phone call with the hiring manager, then on-site interview with the team, peers, and the hiring manager again. The whole thing spanned a little over a month.

Pros: Very thorough in who is interviewed. There's a heavy emphasis on whether the person will be good fit with the existing staff and environment.

Cons: Comes off as insecure about the boat being rocked too much. The nouveau/swanky furniture and colorful walls seem attractive at first, but then after the interview one can sense the insecurity and borderline suffocation.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with low performers? This seems to come up quite a bit, must a major pain point for the company.   2 Answers

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at San Francisco Health Plan (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online through a mutual friend who introduced the job. First round of interview was a phone interview with the recruiter. Second round was an onsite interview at the San Francisco office. Met with the recruiter as well as her manager. Was asked to come back for a final round to meet with two business partner (when this position doesn't even support them) and again with the recruiter and her manager. Total waste of time! I was told that they'd get back to me within next week and never heard back. How rude and unprofessional. The recruiter told me they were huge in candidate experience. Maybe you should learn how to get back to your candidates on time! We made the effort to come out to meet with the team. How disrespectful to not get back to the candidates with either a yes or no email.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of what a great candidate experience is?   Answer Question

Operations Team Interview

Application

Interview

Very thorough - I felt like the team I met with and the woman in HR did a good job at explaining the entire role to me. I was able to ask questions and the team answered them all. I'm new to the Bay Area and I felt like they made me feel welcome.

Interview Questions

• SQL questions, teamwork questions, general conversation (not too many those standard interview questions)   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

the interview process was way too long and i met with way too many people. feedback is slow. recruiters lie about your status. managers don't know what they want. you meet with practically the entire department

Business Solution Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Francisco Health Plan.

Interview

Human resource phone interview. followed by 3 hours back to back group interview. Human resource seem proactive but interview panel people seems distracted and unprofessional uninterested or yawning, watching clock.

Interview Questions

• 1.Describe BRD/DFD? did you work on complete project? how did you do UAT? Test plan? what software did u use? how did u configure system?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at San Francisco Health Plan in December 2015.

Interview

1st phone interview with HR, 2nd, a phone interview with the hiring manager. did not get an in person interview. Ask a lot of questions on lean 6 sigma even though job description say preferred to have someone to work toward the certification training

Interview Questions

• what do you know about lean 6-sigma?
      what do you know about their company? why do you want to work there
      tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at San Francisco Health Plan (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Technical phone screen with senior developer which took more then an hour.
    Then had to go in twice for face to face interview.
    First day the interview was with technical group/panel with 3 people from two different teams and then with the hiring manager.
    Next day the interview was with management plus HR.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions were around ASP.NET and SQL. Asked to write some queries based on the test data and model.   Answer Question