San Francisco In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

San Francisco In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority Interview Questions

Interviews at San Francisco In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority

1.9

Sort:

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at San Francisco In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority (Fresno, CA).

Interview

One on one interview process, really easy and simple. The interview was at the clients home, she had snakes and lemonade available, the best and most comforting interview I've ever went onto.

Interview Questions

• What made you get into this field?   1 Answer

Care Provider Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at San Francisco In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority.

Interview

Client chooses the IHSS care provider. There was no IHSS interview process for me. There have probably been other IHSS care providers that have been interviewed but I was selected by the elderly client for the position without an interview. I do believe there is a IHSS data base or list of IHSS care provider list that you can be placed on for other clients to choose from.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at San Francisco In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority (New York, NY).

Interview

it's not difficult, doesn't require experience, must have own transportation, pass the SCAN (which you pay for), get a TB test, fill out some forms, go through and orientation, start working for your client

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at San Francisco In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority (San Jose, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online; they did a background check; They interviewed me after they called me in the office to take my picture; and then they hired me right away. Thank you. I hope that will help you.

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at San Francisco In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority (San Bernardino, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Just app no interview I only had an orientation ..
    I did the app and the background check an started when it got approved. I had to find my own clients an went from there

Care Taker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at San Francisco In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority (Visalia, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Some one in need of in home care select you the then call to have the whole sent into process a rep will come and take down all your info and confirm the provider really needs care, then after all these you go to get a background check and proceed through an orientation and that is it.

Caregiver Interview

Interview

Training was very long. Conflicting informations and policy changes all the time due to policies and laws. This of course isn't meant to be the sole job that you rely on simply based ont he pay. You must supplement with another job. That is until they start increasing pay. Great for experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been convicted of felony?   1 Answer

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at San Francisco In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority in August 2011.

Interview

There is no interview if you have a client. The client must call a number telling them that they require assistance then they send the client information paperwork to ensure that they qualify. The company is extremely slow and may take months to send you your first check after you begin working.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at San Francisco In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority (San Diego, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Easy interview. I was interviewed by the family of the woman I take care of. Then I had to go through the IHSS process. You go to the IHSS building and they fingerprint you, do a background check and then you sit through a 4 hour orientation.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interesting in the job? Or why do you want to be a caregiver?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in El Centro, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at San Francisco In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority (El Centro, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Background check, finger prints taken and waited for a few months to get accepted. A few months after the In-Home Supportive Services representative showed up to the place of work which is the clients home. There, both me and the client explained to her what exactly I assisted him with. Such as; cooking, cleaning and change clothing.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to lift heavy objects at clients request?   1 Answer