San Francisco Museum of Modern Art Interview Questions | Glassdoor

San Francisco Museum of Modern Art Interview Questions

Interviews at San Francisco Museum of Modern Art

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.

Interview

The online application has 10+ different sections, and it took about an hour to fill out everything. The job experience section asked to upload a resume and cover letter file, AND copy and paste text into fields. And it says: "Don't say see resume..." as one of the directions. Why are applicants ask to do duplicated work? The online application process should NOT be this painful. And it should not feel like a data entry job. Please look into sites like: greenhouse.io and streamline the application process.

Interview Questions

• When is your birthday? Please enter month and date only.   1 Answer
    • Are you interested to volunteer?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.

Interview

Fairly simple and straightforward interview conducted over the phone, following an online application submission. Interview covered questions regarding resume, experience, ability to handle high volume of work, and internship schedule. The phone interview lasted approximately 20-30 minutes and featured two interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Can you share a story that speaks to who you are from a values perspective?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for an interview. I was unavailable to meet in person so I had a brief phone interview. I was prepared for a rather rigorous interview, but was pleasantly surprised with a really lovely interviewer. Overall, I had a good experience, I start next month!

Interview Questions

• What interests you about this position?   1 Answer

Gallery Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

20 person group interview! First, we sat in a huge circle and introduced ourselves to everyone. Then we broke into smaller groups and answered questions and regrouped to act out one role play scenario of how to deal with a "difficult patron". Lastly, everyone met with assistant visiting services manager one-on-one. Interview took around an hour and half.

Graphic Design Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Francisco Museum of Modern Art in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position on their website. And they asked me phone interview via email. We set the date and did the phone interview. The interview was straightforward. After the phone interview I had onsite interview and they were kind and friendly.

Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Francisco Museum of Modern Art in June 2014.

Interview

Brief phone interview with Staffing Administrator over the phone. Set up through email and had a 30-minute interview. Said I would be notified within the week, but did not hear back for over a month.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult experience you've had with a donor?   Answer Question

Program Interview

Application

Interview

I sent in all the required documents and was contacted within 2 weeks. We had a phone interview because I was abroad. She asked pretty general questions and didn't really put me on the spot. Overall, it was a relatively comfortable interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (San Francisco, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Applied online. Took a couple months to hear from them. I had a preliminary phone interview before in-person. Interviewed with entire IT department and met CFO. Also went to lunch with head of IT and sr, employee.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult people.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very simple. I was rady to move on and the offer was acceptable.

Museum Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a long process. It took time and they took their time. I went through 3 interviews. First is phone interview, second is group interview with around 15 people, third is one on one interview with a manager.

Visitor Experience Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I received an email from an HR rep less than a week later. From there, we scheduled a 20 minute phone interview which consisted of standard questions as well as a couple of questions regarding the museum and the position. The interviewer was very bright and friendly which made me very comfortable. Two days later, I received an invitation to attend an interview fair at the museum. The fair consisted of a group interview of about 15 applicants and then an one-on-one interview with a manager afterwards. Although I had a positive experience and everyone I met was friendly, I feel as though the interview didn't allow me to speak about my background and had some unfair disadvantages. At this time, SFMOMA was looking for over 100 new hires, so it kind of was an impersonal experience after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were an artist (or if you are currently an artist), what kind of artwork would you make?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe yourself in one word?   Answer Question
    • Could you describe a time in which you provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • Which CRM platforms are you familiar with?   Answer Question
    • Why did you decide to apply to SFMOMA?   Answer Question