San Francisco Unified School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

San Francisco Unified School District Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2017

2.7

Preschool Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District.

Interview

After I applied on the website for the position I heard back from the Principal of the school a few days later for an interview. It was a Panel interview but the atmosphere was relaxed and I felt comfortable. The interview questions were thought-provoking and they wanted to see if you would be a good fit for the school based on your experience and attributes.

Second Grade Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online with my cover letter, resume, and a referral from a current employee. I also reached out to the principal of the school and sent her my resume and cover letter.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about Readers Workshop, Writers Workshop, and Best Practices.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a panel interview with four other employees taking turns asking open-ended questions related to the position. The interview process lasted 30 minutes and everyone was friendly. The process was very organized and done in a quick matter.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in an environment that promotes diversity and if so, how did you specifically recruit diverse employees?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District.

Interview

They forgot about my interview so when I came in I sat about 30 minutes before the Director came and did an impromptu interview. Some of the questions were not appropriate but I needed the job.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District.

Interview

there was a panel interview and they were very organized and prepared with behavioral based questions and probing questions. Application took awhile for initial review before a contact, but the rest went very fast. There were concerns about my pay scale/expectations, but those issues were addressed and along with the excellent benefit package I was positioned appropriately to accept their offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Following a lengthy application process including CBEST and CSET testing, submitting transcripts, fingerprinting/livescan, having your photo taken, answering questions, reference checking, if you are selected you go a group interview. Bring your documents, ID and official transcript showing Bachelor's Degree Completion and dress professionally. A presentation is made followed by a questions and answers period. A round table if self introductions is made, every one must speak to the group, if you cannot do this you will not survive in front of an entire class.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience teaching children?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A --this is a union job there is no negotiation for substitute teacher pay. You get the standard rate $135 per diem to start and after working so many days in the school year you may get $165 per diem.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District.

Interview

Typical situational and behavioral interview questions. Started off with a phone interview with hiring manager, then an on-site panel interview (1 hour) with 4 panel members. Hiring decisions are similar to private industries if the position is TEX, PEX, or TPV. Selection process is way different if position is PCS...

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a complex problem. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online and heard back in about three weeks. The interview was straightforward and friendly, with the school principal, one of the secretaries/office administrators, and someone from the district office. Mainly, they asked about my qualifications and work experience. I was offered the job several days later and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult -- they didn't throw any curveballs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Though the salary was somewhat lower than I'd like, I didn't attempt to negotiate as I felt that it would be futile for a person with little experience.

Interview

In my five years of working with SFUSD, I've noticed that they have always had difficulty staffing special education teaching positions. With that said, I have little to say about the interview process because there was no interview. I filled out their job application on their PeopleSoft internal job application website. You are asked to fill out basic information about yourself, your education, and job history. Towards the end of the application, you have to attach your resume, transcripts, and answer some questions about your personal philosophy on teaching and accountability. That's pretty much it. I finally got a generic email saying 'Congratulations..." and included information about onboarding.

At the time, I was being hired as an intern teacher, so they did not process my application until my intern credential was processed by the CTCC. I was in contact with the credential analyst the entire time so it was easy to follow up with them and get my application processed. This was at least a two month process though and it was over the summer, so it was more difficult to get in touch with the principal at the site I was being hired at.

If you have a credential in a high need area and have good references and qualifications, I am almost certain you will not be interviewed.

Elementary Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online. I was contacted by a recruiter with the option to interview at several schools. I was contacted by principals at several schools. I received followups after my phone interviews to come in for a face to face teaching sample. I did a sample lesson with summer school students.

Interview Questions

• What is your most successful lesson taught and how did you know the lesson was successful?   Answer Question