San Francisco Unified School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at San Francisco Unified School District

2.5

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I was discovered by a special education teacher while I was working privately for a family with a child on the ASD spectrum. She observed me with my change and was impressed with my many skills and training. She saw how valuable I could be to the district. I enabled the district to avoid a few law suits.

Interview Questions

• Will you show up, can you perform these Autism techniques? Can you create TEAACH stations. Will you be Itinerate to fulfill the IEP requirement of the new student until a new IEP can be written? Have you been trained in Pro Act? Can you communicate in ASL? Can you work independently? When can you start?   1 Answer

Interview

In my five years of working with SFUSD, I've noticed that they have always had difficulty staffing special education teaching positions. With that said, I have little to say about the interview process because there was no interview. I filled out their job application on their PeopleSoft internal job application website. You are asked to fill out basic information about yourself, your education, and job history. Towards the end of the application, you have to attach your resume, transcripts, and answer some questions about your personal philosophy on teaching and accountability. That's pretty much it. I finally got a generic email saying 'Congratulations..." and included information about onboarding.

At the time, I was being hired as an intern teacher, so they did not process my application until my intern credential was processed by the CTCC. I was in contact with the credential analyst the entire time so it was easy to follow up with them and get my application processed. This was at least a two month process though and it was over the summer, so it was more difficult to get in touch with the principal at the site I was being hired at.

If you have a credential in a high need area and have good references and qualifications, I am almost certain you will not be interviewed.

Clerk Typist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District.

Interview

Received an email a week before the interview to schedule a time and date. On the day of the interview I met two easy going people who made the process stress-free and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Name three things that are important to you in a work place.   Answer Question
    • How would your co-workers describe you?   Answer Question
    • You are given a project that is due on the same day at 12pm and have made plans to meet with a co-worker at 12 and distribute tests in the morning. How would you handle the situation to complete all tasks?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Met with managers for a panel interview and went through list of questions. There isn't a lot of getting-to-know-you time required they're strictly looking for knowledge, skills and abilities. It's best to try and connect with one panel member and try to focus your answers to meet their expectations. They'll be more likely to advocate for a candidate that made a solid connection than someone who just prattles off answers.

Interview Questions

• how many years of education experience do I have   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I had an in person interview with a panel of people. They gave me a sheet of questions and asked me about my background. After this interview I heard back two weeks later for another phone interview in which I was offered the position. After several weeks of back and forth( on their end, they would offer the position then the following week retract the offer, then offer it again and retract it a week later). Very unprofessional and I would not work for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about why you chose to apply to work for SFUSD?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District (San Francisco, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

San Francisco Unified School District contacted me quickly. Human Resources was very friendly. They did a phone interview first, and then sent my resume to a few principals. I got a call within a day or two, and interviews set up for that very week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online and heard back in about three weeks. The interview was straightforward and friendly, with the school principal, one of the secretaries/office administrators, and someone from the district office. Mainly, they asked about my qualifications and work experience. I was offered the job several days later and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult -- they didn't throw any curveballs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Though the salary was somewhat lower than I'd like, I didn't attempt to negotiate as I felt that it would be futile for a person with little experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Hiring shortage so easy interview process
    Apply online to be added to online database
    Get contacted directly by principal or message principals to show interest
    Some hiring events early winter for hard to staff schools or subjects (will be introduced and conduct quick interviews there)

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Extensive written application
    Phone screening
    1:1 meeting with prospective principal and principal's mentor
    On demand writing assignment in separate room to articulate personal educational philosophy and answer a specific question about how I would go about improving student learning outcomes for a specific population

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with integrating technology into the classroom to support student learning?   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Minimum but paperwork for this job was rediculios. So much back and forth trying to get everything in. Once it was all in they said "Don't call us, we'll call you". I waited and waited then I went in to the offices myself to check in and they replied "Oh, it looks like you were active for 2 weeks but we never sent the email to you with your sub number." ARE YOU KIDDING ME?