San Francisco Unified School District Special Education Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Special Education Teacher

Interviews at San Francisco Unified School District

1.0

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I was discovered by a special education teacher while I was working privately for a family with a child on the ASD spectrum. She observed me with my change and was impressed with my many skills and training. She saw how valuable I could be to the district. I enabled the district to avoid a few law suits.

Interview Questions

• Will you show up, can you perform these Autism techniques? Can you create TEAACH stations. Will you be Itinerate to fulfill the IEP requirement of the new student until a new IEP can be written? Have you been trained in Pro Act? Can you communicate in ASL? Can you work independently? When can you start?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for San Francisco Unified School District

Special Education Teacher Interview

Interview

In my five years of working with SFUSD, I've noticed that they have always had difficulty staffing special education teaching positions. With that said, I have little to say about the interview process because there was no interview. I filled out their job application on their PeopleSoft internal job application website. You are asked to fill out basic information about yourself, your education, and job history. Towards the end of the application, you have to attach your resume, transcripts, and answer some questions about your personal philosophy on teaching and accountability. That's pretty much it. I finally got a generic email saying 'Congratulations..." and included information about onboarding.

At the time, I was being hired as an intern teacher, so they did not process my application until my intern credential was processed by the CTCC. I was in contact with the credential analyst the entire time so it was easy to follow up with them and get my application processed. This was at least a two month process though and it was over the summer, so it was more difficult to get in touch with the principal at the site I was being hired at.

If you have a credential in a high need area and have good references and qualifications, I am almost certain you will not be interviewed.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District (San Francisco, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

I went to a teacher hiring fair and spoke with multiple schools. A district office employee called me about going to a school that I had not spoken to. I was not able to visit the school and di a quick interview over skype with the administration. They were friendly but were not upfront about any of the problems at the school.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at San Francisco Unified School District (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was transferred to my last position. Neither the principal or I had much to say about it. It was an arrangement we both had to live with, so we did.