San Joaquin Valley College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at San Joaquin Valley College

2.8

Sort:

Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at San Joaquin Valley College in November 2013.

Interview

Relatively quick. About 3 weeks from application to start date. I had 4 interviews and when I was chosen, completed a background investigation.

Interview Questions

• I had 24 hours to prepare for a performance interview where I was expected to promote various programs. It went very well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bak, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at San Joaquin Valley College (Bak, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview was very easy, it was more of a conversation to get to know each other. Because the interviewers demeanor was so calm and casual, I was able to keep my nerves at bay and be more comfortable during the process. I think I did better on this interview than others because I was so at ease.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in becoming an admissions advisor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at San Joaquin Valley College (Fresno, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward. I was asked a lot about my previous work experience, how I handle stress and why I would be a great candidate for the job...just to name a few things. I enjoyed my interaction with the interviewer. You can tell they were looking for someone with a passion and desire to help others.

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at San Joaquin Valley College (Corona, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

You are interviewed and mostly asked about your past experience in customer service. They want to make sue that you have good report, or in other words, can schmooze people. The ESD acted as if he was an expert in the field.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at San Joaquin Valley College (Bakersfield, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I was contacted about an interview through a manager at a staffing agency with which I had been working to find employment. My first interview was mostly the interviewer describing the position and institution to me, including a walking tour of the college, finishing with a few typical questions (e.g. "why do you want this job?" "what experience do you bring to the table?") My second interview was a teaching demonstration in a subject and on a topic of my choosing. I created a 15 min Powerpoint presentation, demonstrated to a group of 4 employees, and answered a few questions afterwards that were ethical in nature.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to students who misbehave and/or fail to follow student guidelines (in dress code, electronics use in class, etc.)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at San Joaquin Valley College (Bakersfield, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I heard about this position from the division manager. We had mutual friends and he had heard of my qualifications, so he approached me about applying. I picked up and application at the front desk and returned it less than a week later. Soon I received a phone call and scheduled a 1:1 interview with the manager. He talked to me and let me know that the next interview stage was a presentation of a 15 minute lesson in front of a panel. Some of the questions from the interview were, how do you handle it if a student is disruptive? The best answer was to approach the student privately and if possible address the student after class. Also, another tip was to make sure and not go over 15 minutes in the presentation.

Interview Questions

• How would you address a difficult student?   1 Answer
    • Do you believe anything in psychology can be conclusively proved?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, I accepted the offer of $20 an hour. I wish I would have now, but I wasn't sure I could, or how to go about it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at San Joaquin Valley College (Fresno, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It is a panel interview, it took apx an hour. You need to perform a teaching demonstration as well. Behavioral questions asked. Also asked how to handle students that "talk back". They want to make sure you aren't a pushover but still respectful.

Interview Questions

• What inspires you to do your best work.   1 Answer

Financial Aid Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at San Joaquin Valley College (Visalia, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

I had a group interview with two other people and there were three people interviewing us. After I got a call back for an individual interview. I has passed the group interview. They just had generic questions. I was called by HR to complete the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult situation?   1 Answer

Student Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at San Joaquin Valley College (Visalia, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Panel interview with 3 individuals. Each took turns asking questions. Nothing too difficult and I felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

• I can not recall any specific questions, but I do know that they were all scenario-type questions. None that were particularly difficult.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase, the pay was a set rate.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at San Joaquin Valley College.

Interview

I was called in for an interview and after my interview I was asked to be something together for kind of a second interview, it was more of a teaching demonstration. I had never taught before so I was definitely worried and stressed out. But i made it through and got the job.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part for me was the teaching demonstration and trying to figure out what to do for it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy