San José State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at San José State University

2.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at San José State University (San Jose, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Not much... about course work and projects

Web Developer Interview

Interview

Nothing. I just worked with the professor before. so he selected me. He did not ask me to give any interview. Nothing. I just worked with the professor before. so he selected me. He did not ask me to give any interview. Nothing. I just worked with the professor before. so he selected me. He did not ask me to give any interview.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at San José State University (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview Questions

• 30 minutes onsite interview with manager, asked me about sql, predictive analysis and python.
      Asked about all the projects i did in my undergrad and grad studies and any challenges i overcame.   1 Answer

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at San José State University (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly simple. They asked about basic computer knowledge and asked my availability. They asked about previous job experience that was on my resume. They then went over a few scenarios and asked about my response to them.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at San José State University (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Asked a bunch of hardware and software diagnostic questions. one hour interview in person and before that one phone interview. They also asked a few questions related to hours possible to work and schedule

Interview Questions

• Where are the user files stored in a Mac?   1 Answer

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at San José State University.

Interview

Applied online through the website and was called after a week for interview.
    Simple questions on past experiences and the guy constantly repeated customer service is the first priority. Gave the result immediately.

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San José State University (San Jose, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

They asked me to briefly describe what was on my resume and how it will help me with the job. I was also asked how to solve some math problems as I would help other students.

Undergraduate Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at San José State University (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of asking professors to join. Relatively easy if you just put effort into it. Hardest part is finding a professor with the field of work you are interested in.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at San José State University (San Jose, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

Met with relevant faculty and discussed topics that I had expertise in: statistical analysis, design of experiments, sample survey analysis, linear and nonlinear models for analysis, data mining, machine learning including most topics that are part of the standard repertoire.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at San José State University (San Jose, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

Took forever to start. Interviewed and waited. With doing background check and starting work it took a couple months. I don't think that my school is the only one that takes forever to start.