San José State University Career Professional/Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

San José State University Career Professional/Specialist Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Career Professional/Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at San José State University (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Had to go through four interviews. A phone screen, then an interview with three reps, then w/management, and then with the entire staff of the department. I also had to create a presentation and present to the management and staff and then partake in an exercise that consisted of pulling random scenarios out of a box and answering how I would address each scenario to remedy the issues that they contained. I had to set aside about 3-4 hours for the final day of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time that you worked with a client or employer and the situation did not go as planned; what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I declined th eoffer twice because the salaray was too low. There wasn't much room for negotiation, however there was some wiggle room. I was able to get them to increase their initial offer and to explore flexible scheduling.