San José State University Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

2.4

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

High School Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at San José State University (San Jose, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

No interview just submit a form and you might get a call telling you that you got the job. Then you go through screening and background check, TB test, and Fingerprint Scan

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at San José State University (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview Questions

• 30 minutes onsite interview with manager, asked me about sql, predictive analysis and python.
      Asked about all the projects i did in my undergrad and grad studies and any challenges i overcame.   1 Answer

Team Meber Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at San José State University (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had telephonic interview first in which I was asked some basic questions about myself. After that I went for the actual interview where I was asked why I had applied for the position. I was asked about my strengths and wekanesses.

Interview Questions

• Why have you applied for this position?   1 Answer

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at San José State University (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I interview with two professors. I talked about the point of interest, focusing area, and the working environment. I also talked about my previous bachelor research experiences and work experiences.

Graduate Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at San José State University (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Normal 1 on 1 interview scheduled according to convenience. Simple background and working experience questions. The questions consists of previous experience, career goals, scenario questions and basic background questions. This was an onsite interview and was scheduled according to my convenience. I am a Graduate student here at San Jose State University.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at San José State University (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was invited to the studio for the interview. Both of my managers were there and they took turn to ask about my qualification and my weekly availability. They also asked about my previous experience working for other TV stations and publications. I explained my roles and how my skills and experience fit the job's requirement.

Teaching and Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at San José State University (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Questions will be asked by the professor based on the subject to which you applied as teaching assistant. Previous work experience description will also be asked. Then few questions will be based on your profile mentioned in your resume.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous work experience in python   1 Answer

Web and Graphic Design NStudent Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at San José State University (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Assessment was technically thorough. The supervisor went through the process of asking everything regarding my skills in web and graphic design. I was asked if I actually worked in the field prior to the employment. How my former work skills would help me deliver what was expected of the job responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• How is your prior work experience going to help you work for us?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at San José State University (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the process tool 2 weeks . I got a email about the availability and they called me and asked me some behavioral questions and then some management questions. I was nervous in the starting but the guy was very nice and helped me to relax and i answered very well.

Interview Questions

• They asked about the management questions.   1 Answer

Instructional Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at San José State University (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It took one month to receive a response to my application regarding an interview, it took two weeks to hear back after the interview, the background check took one week in the middle of the reference check, the reference check took an additional month. Overall from start to finish the process took about 3 months to receive the offer. The interview was a panel of 7ish people and the questions went around the table, they asked about my work experience, some technical questions, and scenario questions. Overall I had a good experience talking with the interviewers, the downside was the HR dept. took too long and I had already accepted an offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an angry customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question