San Luis Obispo County, California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

San Luis Obispo County, California Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

3.1

Utilities Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Luis Obispo County, California.

Interview

1. Online skill assessment test which takes more than 1.5 hours (instruction says 40 minutes). The style of test is similar to LSAT logic.
    2. Onsite panel interview.
    3. More onsite interview.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at San Luis Obispo County, California (San Luis Obispo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

You talk to two of the resident engineers. They ask typical interview questions about how you work in a group and describe and experience where... . I was asked to perform a simple calculation of how many cubic yards of asphalt was required for a dimension of a road. I wasn't very familiar with the process, but was able to get the right answer with a hint from them. Very friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate; I was applying for an internship position over the summer.

Drug and Alcohol Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at San Luis Obispo County, California (San Luis Obispo, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

You are in front of a panel of 3 people who work in the department and you are asked about 10 questions. You can add more info about yourself or ask questions at the end. When you move on to the final round, assuming you passed the first, you are in front of supervisors for the entire department.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at San Luis Obispo County, California (San Luis Obispo, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Online application and in-person interview. Interviewed with planning personnel and Human resources personnel. Made me feel comfortable in an uncomfortable situation even though there were other applicants sitting with me waiting to be interviewed. Overall a good experience and I learned a lot about how to present myself in an interview.

Social Worker Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at San Luis Obispo County, California (San Luis Obispo, CA).

Interview

I was told they could get me in for an internship at the county in child welfare. I emailed my resume and other information and the next week I had an interview. Interview went well and they told me they would find me an opening in the county to intern at. Two weeks after I am told since I will no longer be a student I could not intern there. Turns out they are a waste of my time and they put on the fake nice attitude. Coming from some one who knows people who worked for this county and some one who knows people who received services from this county, my overall summary is they are RUDE and UN-ORGANIZED. Don't interview some one unless you have a position and have read their resume. Resume said I'd be graduating. People I know who have worked for the county said management is terrible at the county and they rule with an iron fist. There is a high-turn over rate at the county and it doesn't feel like family. People usually come to the county get their grad school paid for, then leave.

Interview Questions

• None really. They asked a lot about your past work experience and why you are passionate about social services.   Answer Question

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at San Luis Obispo County, California (San Luis Obispo, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume online (by emailing them), followed up in a week, was called in for an in-person interview (there were 3 people interviewing me at once, so 4 people in the room including me), then they offered it to me on the spot. They make you go through a health exam before giving an official offer, so that took a while to get scheduled and cleared, but after that it was smooth sailing.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous experience and pulled out a few specifics from my resume   1 Answer

Software Engineer I, II, III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at San Luis Obispo County, California (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Place resume work experience etc. on their web site. They evaluate and determine if you have the qualifications for their oral exam.

Interview Questions

• Oral exam by 3 people. One asked how I would troubleshoot a catastrophic failure. No specifics given.   1 Answer

Human Resources Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at San Luis Obispo County, California (San Luis Obispo, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Basic panel interview with behavioral questions. Emphasis on confidentiality and fit with the rest of the team. Looking for personable yet reliable individuals. Make sure you are honest and being yourself - the small office fit is not for everybody and it is essential that you are able to work well and support others in a team!

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at San Luis Obispo County, California (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Panel style interview, with 3 panel members asking questions. This was followed up with an interview with the Department Head. Each of the interviews was question and answer with many of the question being situational in nature.

RESH Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at San Luis Obispo County, California (San Luis Obispo, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Paper, then a 4 person panel then a 2 person interview
    The process took almost a year from start to finish.
    Very concentrated on handling being in a position of Authority