SanDisk Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SanDisk Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

They were pretty unprofessional. The interviewer guaranteed a second interview after she said that she really liked me, but three weeks later after not setting a next interview time, they told me that I did not fit the job description. After they got taken over, they seem to be all over the place and they have bad communication.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had that you can apply to this position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SanDisk

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SanDisk (Chandler, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy interview, but long hiring process.
    Applied through college career fair. Followed up with hiring manager. Interview was scheduled after a month.
    Got the offer after a week of the interview.

Interview was of 2hours totally. 1 to 1 with 4 interviewers (30mins each).
    Questions mostly based on resume and academic projects.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online through my school and had an on campus interview. Interview was followed by a phone interview and a webcam interview with the potential managers I would be working for. The whole process took about 4 weeks and was very quick.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SanDisk in October 2014.

Interview

I met the recruiter in the career fair at our campus. He asked me basic questions related to my resume and projects. He asked questions related to memory controller which was related to one of my projects on DD3 memory controller design. It was for an intern position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk in March 2014.

Interview

First round is on the phone, then typically you go in for an on-site and talk to several people. Pretty straightforward, nothing unexpected. No unexpected questions either, typical strength/weaknesses/behavioral/why should I hire you types. Some of them were really friendly and we pretty much had a normal conversation the whole time.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume.
      - Tell me bout yourself.
      - What do you know about SanDisk?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

I applied through a job board and was contacted about two weeks later by an HR recruiter. I was told my resume matched one of the open intern positions and they would like to meet for a face to face interview. After a quick round of phone tag, we arranged an interview the following week. I was scheduled to interview with four people ( the recruiter and three people I would be working with). Each interview was scheduled to be thirty minutes.

When I showed up for the interview, the HR recruiter was busy and unable to make the slotted interview time. A replacement HR recruiter was sent in to interview me. She was new to the company and did not know enough to answer the questions I had about the general hiring trends of the company or the staff in the particular department I was interviewing for.

All the people I interviewed with were very nice; however I was a little surprised as they they asked very few questions and asked no personal or meaningful questions. Most asked:
    1.) How did you choose the school you currently attend?
    2.) How much do you know about SanDisk?
    3.) How does this position fit with your professional goals?
    And that was about it. Not one question about my resume, experiences, skills, or qualifications. After the first several minutes the interviews turned into me asking questions and making small talk about the company and the position. Also, when I asked questions, many of the answers I received were long winded and only loosely on point to the question I posed.

Two days later, I received an email from the initial HR recruiter that contained a generic rejection informing me that my background did not fit the requirements for the position, but they would keep my resume on file; though if they were clever they could have made a reference to keeping it on an SD card--alas SanDisk was SansHumor.

Overall the office and the people are nice, but for as impressive as the company itself is, I was not very impressed. Were I offered the position, other than being a shiny gold star on my resume, I'm not sure I would have accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected or difficult, very few questions, very generic ones at that.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

A HR called me and asked "what do you expect to gain from the intern." and "what do know about our company." Then she said she would announce the schedule for face-to-face interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

Sandisk came into our college for hiring interns from 3rd year. First, there was a written test which contained MCQ on aptitude and programming and also had 2 coding questions. From the written test almost 15 students were shortlisted for the technical interview.

I had the worst interview experience, they interviewed all the students but somehow forgot my name. When I asked, they told me that it was a mistake and I had to wait for approximately 4 hours for the first round, as they had now started interviewing final year students. In the meantime, the students also had the HR round while I was still waiting for my 1st round. My turn came but now the interview was just like a formality for the interviewer. He asked me some questions and then rejected me.

Interview Questions

• There are two arrays containing millions of integer entries, now we have to find the duplicates in both the arrays in minimal time complexity?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

A Written test on core electronics followed by a technical interview round based on digital design, VLSI Design,COA and Analog electronics circuit.The interview rounds of average difficulty level. Your CGPA is also a major concern for the company, its better if have scored above 9 to be on safe side.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SanDisk (New Delhi (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Campus Interview. Selected one software intern. The interviewer was nice and helpful. Technical questions on nand and cmos memory were asked. Few coding questions. Easy level were also asked. One hour total interview. 2 rounds.