SanDisk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

254 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a 6+ weeks process. I forwarded my resume to a team member. It was followed by a phone screen round and one hour phone interview with the manager. I was called on-site the following week which had 4 rounds containing 45 minutes each. Since the position demands to have knowledge about NAND Flash memories, most of the questions were on working of pn juctions, MOSFETS, RC circuits, NAND Flash basics. After 3 long weeks of waiting period, I was informed that I was rejected.

Product Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

2 phone interviews consisting of behavioral questions then was asked to come onsite. I had three interviews and a week later was asked to come back onsite for an interview with the VP. I was told I would hear within a week and it has been two weeks with radio silence on their end. The recruiters won't answer their phones or emails.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

Our team came over with an acquisition. We then had to meet with the VP of corporate marketing and let them know what our team did with the previous company. They needed our help in re-branding the acquired company assets.

Interview Questions

• What was our role in the previous company and how can we help move new joint company forward   Answer Question

Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. Very simple with some basic resume questions. The next was the technical interview.
    The interview was three hours long. I met with 4 different batch of people.
    1.) The first person was a senior engineer who didn't really ask any technical questions but just showed me the campus and explained a little about the company.
    2.) The second batch was a group of 4 young test development engineers. They asked me about my academic experience and projects
    3.) The third interview was with three senior level engineers who asked me in-depth regarding assembly language coding.
    4.) The last meeting was with the head of the test development team who asked me an algorithm question where I had to come up with my own solution to a situation.

Interview Questions

• 1.) Write a cod to print 1 to 10 in any coding language
      2.) Fill out the truth tables for NAND, NOR, XOR gates
      3.) How many bits in a byte?
      4.) Explain the code that she written ( make sure you are good in C, C++ coding)
      5.) Write the code for a given problem using assembly language. Use logic shift left and logic shift right.
      6.) Cover Hex to binary and binary to hex   Answer Question

Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward. Hiring Manager emailed me and asked for a suitable time to setup phone interview. I interviewed the same day. Questions covered fundamentals. I was called onsite the following week and asked to interview with the team. 6 face to face rounds and they cover your resume and fundamentals thoroughly.

The interviewers were very nice and made me feel comfortable. I got the verbal offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA. Ensure you know your resume and the position's requirements.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk in April 2016.

Interview

I went through an initial phone screen with the director. Then about a week later I was called in for an onsite interview with four people from the team. It went by very quickly, and then they had me interview with the VP several days later.

Industrial and Operations Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

It's a brief 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. There is no technical questions. We first talked about the position and what kind of modeling/roles will be expected from this position. Then I introduced myself and described previous projects I have worked on. It was a nice talk but apparently the company is looking for a full-time, but I am looking for an intern position.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a research project I am currently working on to the detail of the statistical formulation.   Answer Question

Software Developer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I got a call directly from the hiring manager, saying he got my resume through a recruiter. I have been asked to schedule a phone interview later. After the phone interview, the interviewer had informed me they wanted to take me onsite and a HR would call to schedule it. I never heard back from them in spite of repeated emails every two weeks, very unprofessional behavior.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was really a great talk. The manager interviewing me is quite nice and friendly. Most of the questions are those basic behaviour ones like "Tell me about yourself," or "Can you tell me one of the conflicts in your previous cooperation?" And also, he only asked about one of my projects related to his team.

Interview Questions

• Can you have a vision to see what you will be 10yrs/5yrs after?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of 30-45 mins sessions with 6 different interviewers. The questions they asked were mostly technical with just a few behavourial. The technical questions were somewhat basic. Be sure to freshen up on the CMOS characteristics and the floating gate.