SanDisk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SanDisk Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2017

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SanDisk (Chandler, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy interview, but long hiring process.
    Applied through college career fair. Followed up with hiring manager. Interview was scheduled after a month.
    Got the offer after a week of the interview.

Interview was of 2hours totally. 1 to 1 with 4 interviewers (30mins each).
    Questions mostly based on resume and academic projects.

Senior Demand Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was good. They asked basic questions about my experience and few behavioral questions.
    They are very unprofessional, they asked me whether I am engaged (seeing the ring! How does it matter to them) and did the same person referred me to the job. They even mentioned that since the job has a lot of cross functional duties I have to be liked by a lot of people. How does it matter, I haven't even joined and how can anyone predict whether I will be like-able or not They asked mea lot of questions which makes no sense to the job.

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Four interviews and a one hour presentation. Very interesting discussions and very intelligent questions. The interviewers were mostly interested with my analytical skills and past experience. There was one specific recruiter, who treated me really well, she made sure everything is going by the plan, that I get proper breaks between interviews, that I receive lunch break and that I have how to go back to the airport. She was really helpful and kind and made me feel at home.

Interview Questions

• Walk me over your resume? Explain how exactly you did this and that.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SanDisk (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone call with the manager and a colleague, full day on site interview with six people including lunch with the manager, hotel, flight provided, salary negotiation by the recruiter, background check was a long process

Interview Questions

• Describe grad school thesis, Why are you fit for this position, what will you bring to table   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online through my school and had an on campus interview. Interview was followed by a phone interview and a webcam interview with the potential managers I would be working for. The whole process took about 4 weeks and was very quick.

Senior Device Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

Contacted through HR and arranged a phone interview, and took a week to fix a date, and got a phone interview from a director of the device engineering and went through the introduction of the company and the routine role of the jobs, and asked about 10 device related questions, went though the research work a little bit, etc.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter within a few weeks. I then scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. We had a short conversation and I spoke to her about my relevant experience and she explained the position a bit more. I was then invited for an in-person interview and met with 4 people. They asked me questions about my relevant experience, as well as some situational questions, such as: When was a time you faced a problem in the workplace? How did you deal with it? Why do you want to work for SanDisk? Why this role?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was necessary, they offer a very competitive package.

Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

1. technical phone interview
    half an hour.
    All sorts of technical questions ranging from, tell the difference between C and Java, how to basic RF questions. If you cannot pass this, there are serious problems about your studies in your school. Should not need to prepare yourself other than read the job requirements.

At this stage, they only ask basic academic questions

I answered correctly most of them

2. on-site technical interview
    whole afternoon
    five staff of the group,interviewing your one by one.They will fly you in and reimburse your expenses. However, the rules of reimbursement are not so clear. They do not have good guidance like Nvidia.

questions range from CMOS device physics, floating gate physics to software algorithm such as sorting, walking through lines of code in C/C++

Got results after one month. I think I did okay for a new graduate posting and answered roughly 70% correctly. But they did not give me offer. Sigh, I really think it was a great match.

I don' think they found a better candidate because they changed the posting from entry level(new grad) Test Development Engineer to senior Test Development Engineer. I wonder why myself.

Interview Questions

• questions ranges from CMOS device physics, floating gate physics to software algorithm such as sorting   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SanDisk in January 2015.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. Asked me a few basic systems and string manipulation questions. It was just one round and after that they sent me the offer letter. They also made me talk to the manager after the interview to discus my goals.

Operations (Industrial) Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

1 interview in my Grad School + 5 on-site interviews.
    The interviews were not very technical, but I had to know perfectly how to describe the projects I did, what algorithm I used. I said almost the same thing again and again, because the 5 interviews were not very different.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them more about my projects, and went in depth into some of them   Answer Question