SanDisk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SanDisk Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

1. technical phone interview
    half an hour.
    All sorts of technical questions ranging from, tell the difference between C and Java, how to basic RF questions. If you cannot pass this, there are serious problems about your studies in your school. Should not need to prepare yourself other than read the job requirements.

At this stage, they only ask basic academic questions

I answered correctly most of them

2. on-site technical interview
    whole afternoon
    five staff of the group,interviewing your one by one.They will fly you in and reimburse your expenses. However, the rules of reimbursement are not so clear. They do not have good guidance like Nvidia.

questions range from CMOS device physics, floating gate physics to software algorithm such as sorting, walking through lines of code in C/C++

Got results after one month. I think I did okay for a new graduate posting and answered roughly 70% correctly. But they did not give me offer. Sigh, I really think it was a great match.

I don' think they found a better candidate because they changed the posting from entry level(new grad) Test Development Engineer to senior Test Development Engineer. I wonder why myself.

Interview Questions

• questions ranges from CMOS device physics, floating gate physics to software algorithm such as sorting   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SanDisk in January 2015.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. Asked me a few basic systems and string manipulation questions. It was just one round and after that they sent me the offer letter. They also made me talk to the manager after the interview to discus my goals.

Operations (Industrial) Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

1 interview in my Grad School + 5 on-site interviews.
    The interviews were not very technical, but I had to know perfectly how to describe the projects I did, what algorithm I used. I said almost the same thing again and again, because the 5 interviews were not very different.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them more about my projects, and went in depth into some of them   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. Started with phone screen with hiring manager, followed by on-site interview. Appreciated the fact that SanDisk covered all costs for me to fly in from another city. Seven 1:1 interviews back-to-back, 30 minutes each. Interviewers ranged from managers to the VP of the division. Mostly asked about my experiences and why I am interested. A month later, they scheduled me for two more 1:1 interviews over the phone. Another month after that, I received an email from HR saying that they went with another candidate.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SanDisk (Marlborough, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Had one and a half hours of interview for my internship position. They set up a face to face interview and it was very easy to crack. The Managers made me feel very comfortable during the time of interview and it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• they asked me about basic questions in C, C++ and Python   1 Answer

Senior Device Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

Referral from friend. Total process took 2 months. 2 weeks for the phone interview. Questions are standard, short channel effects and breakdown mechanisms. 2 weeks later for full day interview. The first interviewer didn't show up. He showed up at the end, and pushed the everything one hour later. Extremely unprofessional. Took 1 more month before before results were given.

Interview Questions

• Nothing hard. Know your band diagrams, short channel effects and basic MOS operation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk in November 2014.

Interview

One round on Campus then a whole day interview at SanDisk office in Milpitas. It was very conversational, no trick questions or technical questions. Pretty straightforward. they were accessing the fir to companies culture

Field Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

I received the interview because I knew a former employee who referred me to the company. I had a phone interview and then two Skype interviews after that. They were pretty simple questions and basic.

Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a campus recruiting event including 20 candidates for the positions of devices engineer and circuit design engineer. We interviewed with five engineers and one HR. Most of the questions were about my projects and research experience on my resume. And they asked me to provide many details and also some further questions about semiconductor devices. We also had a tour in Sandisk visiting the labs, office and the gym.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Interview

ASIC design engineer position. Interview after job fair, and ask question about circuit deisgn, boolean equation, setup and hold time, and CMOS working theory. Latch waveform. It's not too difficult but need quick response