SanDisk Interview Questions in Milpitas, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 7, 2017

76 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a 6+ weeks process. I forwarded my resume to a team member. It was followed by a phone screen round and one hour phone interview with the manager. I was called on-site the following week which had 4 rounds containing 45 minutes each. Since the position demands to have knowledge about NAND Flash memories, most of the questions were on working of pn juctions, MOSFETS, RC circuits, NAND Flash basics. After 3 long weeks of waiting period, I was informed that I was rejected.

Product Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

2 phone interviews consisting of behavioral questions then was asked to come onsite. I had three interviews and a week later was asked to come back onsite for an interview with the VP. I was told I would hear within a week and it has been two weeks with radio silence on their end. The recruiters won't answer their phones or emails.

Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. Very simple with some basic resume questions. The next was the technical interview.
    The interview was three hours long. I met with 4 different batch of people.
    1.) The first person was a senior engineer who didn't really ask any technical questions but just showed me the campus and explained a little about the company.
    2.) The second batch was a group of 4 young test development engineers. They asked me about my academic experience and projects
    3.) The third interview was with three senior level engineers who asked me in-depth regarding assembly language coding.
    4.) The last meeting was with the head of the test development team who asked me an algorithm question where I had to come up with my own solution to a situation.

Interview Questions

• 1.) Write a cod to print 1 to 10 in any coding language
      2.) Fill out the truth tables for NAND, NOR, XOR gates
      3.) How many bits in a byte?
      4.) Explain the code that she written ( make sure you are good in C, C++ coding)
      5.) Write the code for a given problem using assembly language. Use logic shift left and logic shift right.
      6.) Cover Hex to binary and binary to hex   Answer Question

Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward. Hiring Manager emailed me and asked for a suitable time to setup phone interview. I interviewed the same day. Questions covered fundamentals. I was called onsite the following week and asked to interview with the team. 6 face to face rounds and they cover your resume and fundamentals thoroughly.

The interviewers were very nice and made me feel comfortable. I got the verbal offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA. Ensure you know your resume and the position's requirements.   Answer Question

Software Developer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I got a call directly from the hiring manager, saying he got my resume through a recruiter. I have been asked to schedule a phone interview later. After the phone interview, the interviewer had informed me they wanted to take me onsite and a HR would call to schedule it. I never heard back from them in spite of repeated emails every two weeks, very unprofessional behavior.

CAD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

5 or 6 rounds, the team members took turn interviewing you. After you finish the first 2 or 3 rounds in the morning, you can have lunch with one of the team member. Then you continue the rest few rounds in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the details of your previous projects. A few basic coding questions.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

1 telephonic round where questions are asked on resume and semiconductor physics.
    On site interview
    5 interview rounds with team members (Manager, Senior Manager, Director and Senior Engineers)
    Questions on resume, basic digital design, filters, circuits and NAND / NOR Flash questions, programming and scripting questions

Interview Questions

• Basic digital design, filters, programming & NAND questions,   Answer Question

Senior Staff Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very disappointing, I was approached initially by some recruitment officer , however they did not do phone screening. The recruiting person did communicate very well the and sent me the plan and list of the people to meet, However, things were very vague during the interview process, and no body could very well explain the position " may be one person who did not belong to the team did some explanation, Anyhow, the hiring manager chose no to t continue the interview "before lunch", since they decided not give an offer, which I would not have had accepted since I would not feel comfortable working for a group with such poor communication.

Interview Questions

• Very vague, focused on specific things they did not my experience, technical questions more like an exam " RCG type: not suited for some one with 20 years exprience   1 Answer

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

3 rounds for contract position in VLSI Synthesis and STA all fundamentals are needed timing and synthesis perspective. basic timing questions. I accepted the offer.it took half day all inclusive. for contract position in VLSI Synthesis and STA all fundamentals are needed timing and synthesis perspective. basic timing questions. I accepted the offer.it took half day all inclusive.

Interview Questions

• basic timing questions. I accepted the offer.3 rounds for contract position in VLSI Synthesis/STA all fundamentals are needed timing and synthesis prespective   1 Answer

Event Marketing Trade Show Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview with Hiring Manager and then their boss the VP of Corp. Marketing. Two in person interviews and one phone interview. Also a third in-person visit was required as hiring manager missed first appointment entirely. Ultimately this VP was rude, dismissive and unprofessional. The worst professional encounter I've ever had. Interview was concluded in under 12 minutes. I didn't want the job after this.

Interview Questions

• Hiring Manager - Standard informal interview and conversation.

VP of Corporate Marketing - Drill down on resume starting with university degree questions. Odd for the role. Also dismissed my first question as irrelevant to the position. So very awkward as you might imagine   Answer Question