SanDisk Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SanDisk Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2016

3.6

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk in February 2012.

Interview

Under ASC 718, companies that award their employees stock-based compensation
will recognize the fair value of those awards in their financial statements, generally
beginning on the date the awards are granted. Throughout this guide, the term
“stock-based compensation” refers to all forms of employee compensation that fall
within the scope of ASC 718.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SanDisk

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview took half day and the lunch time. There were four people interviewed me. The First one was a staff engineer, he is very friendly and the technical questions were not very hard. The second engineer was really smart and had deep understanding to c/c++ tricks. Then there was a very senior engineer stepped in but only asked some non-technology questions, later I learned he was actually a storage commit member. The hiring manager was nice and friendly, and only interested in my past experience. The offer was issued two weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Contacted by HR first.
    Interviewed by engineers, engineer managers, and QA managers.
    Interviewed by engineering director.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SanDisk (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

there was a phone screen in the beginning then on site interview with 4 people including the manager

Interview Questions

• Consider 4 components of a color where:

unsigned char red = 0x10;
          unsigned char green = 0xFF;
          unsigned char blue = 0x0F;
          unsigned char alpha = 0x44;

Generate a packed color ARGB which is a 32 bit integer such that A is in the
      MSB of ARGB followed by red, green, blue

-----------------
         | A | R | G | B |
         -----------------
      3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SanDisk (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Very unprofessional.
    First of all they made me wait for 1 and half hours after I reached the office on time.

Secondly, in the first face to face round, the interviewer didn't even introduce himself and he didn't even care who I was. He just asked a coding question and threw a pen and some sheets. He didn't care about the thought process, he just wanted final round. His attitude and poker face further demotivated me and this was very unprofessional.

The second face to face round was similar to first one. No introduction, nothing. Straight coding questions. I think the panel is forced to take interview on weekend so they all were frustrated and showing that on us candidates. Very demotivating and unprofessional.

Nevertheless, I answered everything properly and was expecting that I'd go through. But no they told me that I'm not suitable. No feedback and very un-polite and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Simple data structure questions - arrays, linked list, stack , queues and trees   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at SanDisk (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

I have attended 1 telephonic round and after that they invited for face-face round. The interviewer asked easy questions and I have answered all. Few questions are very stupid like write a class diagram for product i am currently working on !!which is server side product with millions line of code.

After 1 hour of discussion they made me wait for 1 hour and asked me to leave after that. Very unprofessional behaviour from interviewer. Interviewer also have little knowledge on other domains and thinks his world is the real world.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

Interview started with 3 rounds of Technical interview follwed by a couple of rounds of face to face interviews. Mostly concerned about firmware and Digital Electronics knowledge.

But watch out ,as the HR donot respond properly and you might have to wait quite some time for your results.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SanDisk in August 2014.

Interview

I got call from consultancy.
    1) 1st Round -> Telephonic . Simple question based on C and Kernel
    2) 2nd, 3rd and 4th Round -> Onsite Managre Round -> Mostly question on Projects
    3) 5th and 6th Round -> Face to Face Round

HR said they will call, but they not respond.
    Worst ever experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SanDisk (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

Very Professional.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were unexpected. The questions were not based on my domain of expertise but rather to test how I analyse a problem and how I would handle a realtime issue.   Answer Question