KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Sanctuary for Families Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 10 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sanctuary for Families

Sanctuary for Families

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sanctuary for Families in Sep 2021

Interview

I applied to their Uncontested Divorce Project. All students were asked about their interest in working with survivors, previous experiences with cultural competency, and other general questions about how we came to learn about the opportunity.

Interview Questions
  • 1) Which law school do you attend, what year are you in, and what area of law are you interested in? 2) What previous experience, if any, do you have with working with diverse individuals? With victims or survivors of abuse? 3) How many hours can you contribute a week?
    Answer Question

Sanctuary for Families

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sanctuary for Families in Feb 2021

Interview

The interview process was through the NYC Pilc fair. I submitted a cover letter and resume. I then got a an email through PILC stating my time for the interview. I met with two attorneys from the internship.

Interview Questions
  • Please explain your experience with *insert nonprofit job*?

Sanctuary for Families

Application

I interviewed at Sanctuary for Families

Interview

After applying online, I received a phone call to come in and interview in person. There was only one interview. The interview covered some things on my resume but primarily was behavioral. I received an internship offer about two weeks later.

Interview Questions
  • What would make you successful in this position?

Sanctuary for Families

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sanctuary for Families in Oct 2020

Interview

Within a few days of submitting my application, I received an email for a virtual interview for the following week. I met with 3 people and then I received a callback interview during which I met with 4 more people virtually. Everyone was very nice and I enjoyed the conversation we had. I was offered the position 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sanctuary for Families

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sanctuary for Families

Interview

Applied through emailing the department director, scheduled an interview with the department director, took 45 minutes, got introduced to all the staff, but did not get the offer because of salary negotiation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sanctuary for Families

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sanctuary for Families

Interview

First, I had a phone screening in which we discussed my previous experience and desire to work for SFF. Then, I was asked to come in for an in person interview with three staff members. We discussed the role in depth, and I was asked the basic interview questions. It went really well, and a few days later I was offered a job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sanctuary for Families (Brooklyn, NY) in Feb 2019

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable, it was 2 staff attorneys and both directors of the program. They asked questions about my experiences and seemed generally happy to be interviewing. Not awkward and more like a conversation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sanctuary for Families (New York, NY) in Aug 2018

Interview

I was first contacted for a phone screening and then an in person interview (pre-COVID). Both lasted around an hour and was very straight forward. It was evident that it was a tight knit team which was actually very impressive to see.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience teaching and working with non-native English speakers?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sanctuary for Families (New York, NY) in Oct 2013

Interview

I had the pleasure of interviewing for the position of Grant Writer for Sanctuary for Families. Their initial communication was very professional and accommodating, and they were flexible in scheduling an interview around my class schedule. The phone interview with their Development Director put me at ease, and I was eventually contacted for an in-person interview. It was wonderful to meet with several members of their staff and learn more about the organization and position, but they had me take a writing test which I'm not sure effectively displayed my skills for the job. There was no follow up when I didn't receive the position, which for me is common courtesy, and when I asked for feedback on my interview and application, I received none. I'm sure it is a wonderful place to work, but just be prepared for no response or feedback post-interview if you don't receive the job.

Interview Questions
  • What is your plan when you have to conduct research for a school paper?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sanctuary for Families (New York, NY) in Jan 2013

Interview

Two round interview with managing attorneys and legal director. Each interview lasted approximately 45 minutes. Was contacted via phone to set up initial interview. A week between two interviews. Got offer from HR after a week.

Interview Questions
  • Basic interview questions. Emphasis placed on knowledge and research into organization and comfort in working with clients who have undergone trauma.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Interviews