Sanderson Farms Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

1.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moultrie, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sanderson Farms (Moultrie, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

First, when we came into the building, we had to sign in and was giving name tags. We sat in a room until the recruiter came to get us. The recruiter took us in another room and explained this was not an office job. She looked over our resumes and applications. After she did that, she provided protective gear to view the plant. After viewing the plant, she presented a presentation which basically informed us of the pay, benefits, things about the company, company history, and their projections of the company future performance. Then, we was interviewed. I was so surprised about how short the interview was, no longer than five minutes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sanderson Farms

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sanderson Farms (New Orleans, LA) in February 2015.

Interview

First experience with this company was at their SuperChicken Road Show--a college recruitment event. They basically wine and dine you (travel, hotel, food) on day one. Day two-plant and hatchery tour, lunch provided. Then tell you if they're interested they will contact you. I got called TWO YEARS LATER! I was invited to an interview at a different plant at my own expense. Did another plant tour. Noticed just like in the other plant I toured very few minorities in middle to upper level management. One on one interview. Offerd to reimburse me for gas expenses. Told me they will contact me within two weeks to let me know of their hiring decision. Two weeks pass, nothing. So I sent a follow up email and the recruiter replied with a lie and said we haven't done interviews yet. Wow! To me this company has serious integrity issues. I suspect if you're white and/or from Mississippi you stand a better chance of being hired for this position.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sanderson Farms.

Interview

The interview is very basic. I did not receive any behavioral questions. The manager just got a feel for who I was and told me the expectations. He explained the position but I would not say I truly knew what I was getting into after leaving. You should come in dressed professionally and bring a resume. Ask a lot of questions because if you don't you will leave without enough information. Once hired you will begin rotations through each department. Expect to work all kinds of shifts and positions. You will be asked to fill in for hourly employees. Some of the position can be potentially dangerous and extremely labor intensive. You will get dirty and when I say dirty I mean disgusting. Overtime will be required almost weekly. There are no forty hour weeks for a trainee.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. They set all the terms and rules.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sanderson Farms (Pearl, MS) in March 2012.

Interview

Very long day. Bring your own snack because unfortunately they will not even offer you water. First you tour the chicken processing plant. Next, they show a presentation of the company and have you fill out a written application. After the 1 on 1 interview, idk what to tell you because it seems like if you do not ask what comes next, then you will miss the group interview which is very much like the one on one interview but more laid back. From what I saw in the corporate office, there wasn't very much diversity there.