Sandhills Global Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sandhills Global (Lincoln, NE) in June 2019.

Interview

Applied online and was email'd to schedule a Phone Interview the next day.

Phone interview was smooth, essentially went over resume and experience, asked a couple technical questions regarding .NET, 0/10 in difficulty. We scheduled an on-site interview on the phone after about 30 minuets. Also sent a 'personality' type servey and HR survey to complete before the in-person (took about 20 minuets each)

On-site went well, the location and campus is very nice, HR was nice, and seemed to be specialized in the IT field they were hiring for so had some knowledge there when I was talking about experience which was a nice change from the typical HR interview.

She tour'd me around the building and told me a bit about Sandhills and got some of the same questions from the phone interview (I assume to compare notes to make sure you actually knew what you were talking about). A lot of HR "name a time when.." type of questions. We spoke for nearly 90 minuets so be prepared for that. I also had another lead HR person come in after watching a short video and give me some similar questions and just chat about my resume for another 30 minuets or so.

We discussed next steps being meeting with who would have been my direct manager for a technical interview and left at that. I was told I would hear back from HR the next week, and on-time I did get an email telling me I was not being offered the position (generic auto-generated email)

Felt fairly strongly about the interview, reached out for some clarity but got nothing back so all-in-all a straight-forward interview process but seems like a lot of work if they don't even run your resume by the hiring manager to confirm interest first.

P.S. Wear a suit

tl;dr - wear a suit, 30 minuets phone, an hour of surveys, 2 hours in person + another in person with your manager (was told this would be 30 mins)

Interview Questions