Sandia National Laboratories Interview Questions in Albuquerque, NM | Glassdoor

2.9

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

R&D Undergrad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in October 2017.

Interview

After applying I was invited to complete prescreen survey with behavioral questions. A few weeks later I was contacted to set up interviews by two different teams. Both were casual phone interviews with a few managers.

R&D Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager via telephone and we talked for a little while about my background and interest in Sandia. We discussed my resume and then they asked me if I wanted to visit Albuquerque to interview and I accepted. I was flown out and met with multiple different people who all interviewed me for about 45 mins to an hour. The day was long, but everyone was extremely nice. The security was definitely intense.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a problem working with someone, what did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Did a phone interview with the hiring manager and was invited out to interview in person. Interviewed with 6 people at one time in a conference room. Everything was congenial and professional and the atmosphere was friendly. Most of the interviewers read somewhat typical questions from a script.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem working on nuclear weapon programs?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied in February, but position closed due to internal problems. It reopened and then I received an email from the person who would be my supervisor to apply. I did, and then a phone interview was scheduled. During the phone interview, discuss some work ethics, the nature of the project, the goals of the project, my contribution in lab, salary range, etc. I wrote a quick email in thanks and waited two weeks. About one month later, I was scheduled to fly in for on-site interview. I gave a seminar and then met with 11 people that day from different departments.

Business Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in October 2016.

Interview

One formal interview, one less formal interview, lengthy onboarding process. Answers are best structured into the STAR format. Dress was formal, resume quality should be high. Don't expect an interview in less than 3 months after you have applied.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing we didn't ask today that you thought we would ask?   Answer Question

Fire Protection Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I had a very positive experience over all. Truly the biggest part of the interview was the 15 minute presentation that was required. No less than ten and no more than 15. Laying out the details of my education and describing 20+ years of work experience in relevance to the position was tough with the time limit. With that said....they need to stick to that format. It gave me an opportunity to highlight my skill set, education and ability to communicate all in one setting. They were professional, polite, open minded and just plain nice. After meeting the team it just increased my desire to work there.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to further your education towards obtaining a Masters and seek PE certification?   1 Answer

Member Systems Engineer (Research & Development) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online in May. Received phone call in July to set up an interview in August. Had Face-to-Face Interview in August.

Half day series of interviews. Started with 30-45 minute technical presentation (did mine on project from grad school) in front of a couple department managers (including hiring manager) and staff members. Followed by panel interview with dept managers (including hiring manager) and staff members. Followed by interview with out-of-center department manager. Finally, lunch with hiring manager and a couple of staff members.

Interview Questions

• Questions during 30-45 minute presentation. Mostly behavioral, past experience, and resume/cover letter questions. Try to answer questions in STAR format (Situation or Task, Action you took, Results you achieved).   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Appointee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was an formal meeting with staff members followed by technical presentation for 40 minutes. The event was a whole day , I had an opportunity to interact with most of the members in the energy storage program at Sandia.

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in April 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 ladies. They had a document of prepared questions that mainly asked about your skills and other behaviors. I enjoyed the interview and it was not a difficult process. The most difficult part is waiting for the background check to be complete (which takes 6-8 weeks).

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized?
      What are your strengths?
      What do you know about Sandia's Internship Program?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in September 2015.

Interview

Informal phone interview to describe the job specifics. Then a phone interview with the department manager. Next, an onsite interview where they flew me out to ABQ; this took all day (basically exposing me as much as possible since I lived so far away). This consisted of a 1 hr panel interview and several small interviews and tours from 7am-4:30pm, along with lunch with the manager. Everyone was extremely friendly and receptive. Overall, a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing terribly difficult, mostly resume and school project questions.   Answer Question