Sandia National Laboratories Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sandia National Laboratories Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories.

Interview

The interview process was good. I first had a phone interview during which they asked me various questions. After the phone interview I was flow to their office and asked to present on a technical topic during a brown bag. Finally, I had several in person interviews assessing my job fit and technical skills.

Interview Questions

• If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sandia National Laboratories

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories in January 2016.

Interview

Was very pleasant. Had interview after a career fair event. Interviewers were very pleasant and asked behavioral questions mostly. Asked about experiences and such. Asked questions regarding my technical projects and previous experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my college career fair by dropping my resume off to a recruiter. Within a few hours, I got a response for scheduling an interview the very next day. The interview process was very quick, and there were no technical questions beyond discussion about previous projects I have worked on and also things that I was interested in. I got to learn more about the opportunities about the company as well. All questions were behavioral.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories.

Interview

I applied online (the recruiter at my school isn't exactly the most likable person, so not many people seem to talk to him). A couple months later, I got an email and set up a phone interview with my to be manager. He was really friendly and sociable. Questions were all behavioral and/or about my resume and past experiences. At the end of the interview, he basically told me that I had the position and a few days later, I got an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about project x that you did.   Answer Question
    • What has been the most difficult challenge you've faced working with a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Livermore, CA).

Interview

Interview with a university representative. All questions concerned my research (Ph.D. student) and future career goals. I had a follow-up phone interview with my potential advisor; again, all technical questions about my research. The hiring process is slow, so apply in the fall for a summer internship. The government lab environment is very similar to academia. I had an advisor, and we collaborated on a research project together. Pay was commensurate with my education, and the location was great for sight-seeing around the SF bay area.

Interview Questions

• All technical questions related to my research, and the behavioral questions were typical of any C.S. interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for internships.

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in November 2011.

Interview

Pretty basic/average. Applied online, was called in for a panel interview 2 weeks later (4 people from the department I was applying with), offered the job 1 week after the interview.

All interviews at Sandia are standardized. They score your interview based on criteria set by the HR department. The interviewer asks a mixture of background or job qualification questions and anywhere between 5-10 behavioral questions.

If you are interviewing with a manager that you know personally (which happens OFTEN) then the process may be slightly less formal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you demonstrated leadership?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a partner or co-worker and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Interns: Salary and raises are based on the number of credit hours completed (under 30 hours, 45, 60, 75, 90, 105, etc..). Raises are roughly $1.25/hr

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories.

Interview

First got an email with a written interview, later just waited for a response, after two months they notified the ones that got hired.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories in December 2010.

Interview

Started with an in depth email questionnaire. Followed up with a phone call to schedule an in person interview. Finished with the in person interview

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to work with a difficult team member on a school project.   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with the difficult team member?   Answer Question