Sandia National Laboratories Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 27, 2017

2.6

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

On Campus Interview. I apply through my school job board. Mostly behavioral Question. It was just a pre screening interview, so you still have to apply on their website. It is necessary to get a security clearance, so you will need to be a US citizen

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sandia National Laboratories

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The recruiter and I met at a career fair and I was prescreened immediately. I was told to apply online and keep following up, but never received notification for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why are you interested in Sandia?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories.

Interview

The interview process was good. I first had a phone interview during which they asked me various questions. After the phone interview I was flow to their office and asked to present on a technical topic during a brown bag. Finally, I had several in person interviews assessing my job fit and technical skills.

Interview Questions

• If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories in January 2016.

Interview

Was very pleasant. Had interview after a career fair event. Interviewers were very pleasant and asked behavioral questions mostly. Asked about experiences and such. Asked questions regarding my technical projects and previous experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my college career fair by dropping my resume off to a recruiter. Within a few hours, I got a response for scheduling an interview the very next day. The interview process was very quick, and there were no technical questions beyond discussion about previous projects I have worked on and also things that I was interested in. I got to learn more about the opportunities about the company as well. All questions were behavioral.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories.

Interview

I applied online (the recruiter at my school isn't exactly the most likable person, so not many people seem to talk to him). A couple months later, I got an email and set up a phone interview with my to be manager. He was really friendly and sociable. Questions were all behavioral and/or about my resume and past experiences. At the end of the interview, he basically told me that I had the position and a few days later, I got an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about project x that you did.   Answer Question
    • What has been the most difficult challenge you've faced working with a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume to a recruiter at my school's career fair. Received an email the next day with a specific position to apply for online along with several forms to fill out. Interviewed the day after that. The interview was very informative for me and the scripted questions were easy to answer but also meaningful.

At the end of the interview, I found out that they had basically decided to hire me already and just wanted to meet me, ask a few questions, and talk about my background and experience. The recruiter told me I would have an offer letter within a few days, and let me know I could contact him with any concerns.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have failed, and what was the result/what steps were taken to correct the situation?   Answer Question
    • What are you passionate about?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you had problems with team members/a colleague.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Livermore, CA).

Interview

Interview with a university representative. All questions concerned my research (Ph.D. student) and future career goals. I had a follow-up phone interview with my potential advisor; again, all technical questions about my research. The hiring process is slow, so apply in the fall for a summer internship. The government lab environment is very similar to academia. I had an advisor, and we collaborated on a research project together. Pay was commensurate with my education, and the location was great for sight-seeing around the SF bay area.

Interview Questions

• All technical questions related to my research, and the behavioral questions were typical of any C.S. interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for internships.

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in November 2011.

Interview

Pretty basic/average. Applied online, was called in for a panel interview 2 weeks later (4 people from the department I was applying with), offered the job 1 week after the interview.

All interviews at Sandia are standardized. They score your interview based on criteria set by the HR department. The interviewer asks a mixture of background or job qualification questions and anywhere between 5-10 behavioral questions.

If you are interviewing with a manager that you know personally (which happens OFTEN) then the process may be slightly less formal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you demonstrated leadership?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a partner or co-worker and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Interns: Salary and raises are based on the number of credit hours completed (under 30 hours, 45, 60, 75, 90, 105, etc..). Raises are roughly $1.25/hr

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories.

Interview

First got an email with a written interview, later just waited for a response, after two months they notified the ones that got hired.