Sandia National Laboratories Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Mechanical Engineer

Sandia National Laboratories Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Sandia National Laboratories

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in February 2015.

Interview

First had two phone interviews with different hiring managers in related departments. The in person interview was about 6 to 7 hours long. The first part was an interview with a hiring manager outside the department I was interviewing with. Then I gave an hour long presentation on my graduate research. Then a 1 hour panel with about 4 interviewers and a bunch of 1:1 interviews, a short tour of the department's lab, and a lunch interview. Overall, the interview was pretty standard for engineers just getting out of graduate school and applying to national laboratories. The rejection phone call came within the time period they projected. I was disappointed that the hiring manager stated he was unable to give feedback to me because of some corporate policy.

Interview Questions

• What was one major problem or hurdle you had to overcome in graduate school? They also asked about teamwork and leadership experience.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sandia National Laboratories

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in September 2015.

Interview

Informal phone interview to describe the job specifics. Then a phone interview with the department manager. Next, an onsite interview where they flew me out to ABQ; this took all day (basically exposing me as much as possible since I lived so far away). This consisted of a 1 hr panel interview and several small interviews and tours from 7am-4:30pm, along with lunch with the manager. Everyone was extremely friendly and receptive. Overall, a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing terribly difficult, mostly resume and school project questions.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories.

Interview

I should clarify that this review is about the first found of interview, and I'm still waiting on the call hopefully for the second round.

Went to an on campus interview as the first round of the interviewing process. The person conducted the interview was very friendly and personable. The questions were mostly about my past projects and research experience, in order to gauge if I'm a good fit for a specific function they are hiring for. The overall process was very pleasant and the interviewer also shared some of his experiences about what it's like working for Sandia.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the single most difficult situation about your past projects/research, why was it memorable and it was resolved.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a half day interview for this entry level position. It consisted of a presentation on a technical topic of my choosing, a panel interview with managers, and a panel technical interview with other engineers.

Interview Questions

• How would you CAD this box? (It was a random plastic pencil box)   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Interview

30 minute phone interview, mostly behavioral and personality questions. Also very interested in GPA. Looking for situation/response type answers describing how you react to various things in the workplace. Next step would be technical interview with hiring managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2019.

Interview

I had a 45 minute interview after a job fair. 3 weeks later I was contacted for a phone screening. Both interviewers asked behavioral questions and about my resume and past projects.