Sandia National Laboratories Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sandia National Laboratories Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

2.8

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories.

Interview

Initially had a phone interview with the hiring manager that lasted about 20 minutes. The on site interview was about two weeks later and lasted all day and was with several managers and designers, about 45 minutes each. Most of the interview involved discussing past projects that I have worked on that were listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sandia National Laboratories

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Livermore, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview but when they found out my undergraduate GPA from 20 years ago was less than 3.2 they didn't want to go further with the interview process, even though my graduate GPA was 4.0!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Sandia, do you think we are as impressive as we think we are?   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories.

Interview

I talked to someone at a Career Fair who directed me to apply online. I then received a call about 3 months later and got an interview. I got an offer about a week later and started about a month after that.

Interview wasn't too complicated but did last all day. I was taken on a tour of the labs and spoke with different managers that I would interface with. Only about 1 hour of the day was an actual interview.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview

Was straightforward, I applied online and got a call from the hiring manager. I conducted a phone interview with her and then went in for an onsite interview. Gave a 30 min presentation on my work and then completed some behavioral/technical interviews, and was hired within one month of applying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2011.

Interview

WAY easy interview - they don't ask any technical questions whatsoever. It seemed like they were pitching me to pick their group to work.

HR was kind of disorganized. I talked to a recruiter who then pointed me to a posting, then i heard from several managers, but recruiting/staffing had no idea. No one to help or direct me because there's no way to call. Total disaster but it got coordinated.

People were way to concerned about GPA at this place, bad warning sign to work there.

Interview Questions

I was impressed with the site, technologies. But talking to employees there, there's only room to climb through title. Benefits are a MAJOR decline at the national labs, raises are horrible, not much for bonuses. Technical people have been leaving and recruited from other places since the Labs can't keep good quality.

Apparently they are hiring so many people, a bunch of folks stated that the bar has lowered tremendously.

Essentially they look at college + GPA + clearance or eligibility and you're in.

Not sure - we are always told to never work for a company that doesn't do technical interviews. It's just a mess because you will be working with low caliber technical people.

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Livermore, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of a full day of 1:1 interviews plus a group presentation and a lunch with two other staff members.

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Livermore, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

I knew someone working there and submitted resume through him. Whole day of 1:1 and 2:1. Very bright people. Liked to talk about their projects. They were more interested in whether you could potentially contribute to a problem they were solving than any specific questions on programming syntax. They are also very concerned with education.

Interview Questions

• I got a bunch of math problems from one of the interviewers.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories in April 2011.

Interview

S.E.E event interview, where ~60 other candidates were invited. Several interviews were arranged for each person, from different groups. The people are friendly and generally appear to be very proud in the work that they do for the government. Interviews were fairly casual and relaxed. The lab site is very large and expansive, with many well-stocked research labs, located on an air force base. Traversing the site requires a car.