Sandia National Laboratories Systems Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sandia National Laboratories Systems Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Did a phone interview with the hiring manager and was invited out to interview in person. Interviewed with 6 people at one time in a conference room. Everything was congenial and professional and the atmosphere was friendly. Most of the interviewers read somewhat typical questions from a script.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem working on nuclear weapon programs?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sandia National Laboratories

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories.

Interview

The interviews started around 8am and didn't end until nearly 6pm. I talked with many different individuals, rotating on approximately an hourly basis. The individual conversations ranged in difficulty. Most of them were fairly relaxed and covered different aspects of my work and research experience. A couple of the interviewers were more difficult and asked situation-based questions. A few of the employees took me out for lunch.

At a certain point, I gave an hour-long research talk (focused on my doctoral research). Since Sandia is a National Lab, they expect a fairly technical research talk. I got a lot of great feedback during the talk. Since it was later in the day, I recapped a lot of the talk in my individual interviews. But, I was able to use the presentation in the one-on-one discussions that were scheduled for the late afternoon.

The interview process, itself, wasn't too difficult. But, the full day of interviews can be exhausting. Be prepared to talk about your research in many different ways.

The people were very nice and easy to talk to. I had a lot of fun getting to know everyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (San Bernardino, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online via glassdoor and then was contacted by a recruiter to set up a call. Did call with the recruiter in early Sept, she said she would get back to me the following week to give a yes or no if I made the hiring manager call round. After following up with her several times it is clear that I didn't make the next round but it would have…

Interview Questions

• Show me a mistake in my manufacturing process   1 Answer

Systems Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2011.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a conference and after looking at my resume, she seemed very interested. She made all the arrangements to have me fly out to interview over my Spring Break. A couple of employees took me out to breakfast, then I had 2 interviews, lunch with a couple different employees, 2 more interviews, back to the hotel. It was fairly painless. Everyone I interviewed with was very friendly and more than willing to answer all of my questions honestly. After I left my recruiter (who also arranged all the interviews and gave me a ride from my hotel to the facility and back) gave me the impression it was just of making sure I was a good fit for the company and the company was a good fit for me. I left pretty confident that I would be offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to do something they didn't want to do.   Answer Question