Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services Interview Questions

2.7

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services.

Interview

First a phone interview, then come in for group testing. 3 different tests. Takes about 2-2 1/2 hours to finish. Afterwards a in person interview that day, if get lucky otherwise come back. Would've been nice to get a word back if you got the job or not after waiting for over 3 weeks.

Business Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services (Farmington Hills, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview to detail skills and interest. 1:1 interview to further those skills, followed by a test of sorts (IQ-ish) that's 80 questions in 15 minutes. A third interview if necessary to go over more details

Trade Preference Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services (Farmington Hills, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Three Stages. First is a phone interview, if you pass that they invite you to group testing. Group testing includes verbal/math skills (simple stuff, but it's like 80 questions in 15mins so you have to be fast). You also go over some basic classification/trade preference problems/examples. Takes a few hours.

Third step is the in-person interview.

Various Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services (Farmington Hills, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

They are now looking into using a group testing method for their interviews. One of the tests word association and basic math skills (figuring out a pattern). Then from there you are tested on billing situations, tariff classification and drawback situations. It is based on those results if you move on to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Practicing word association and numerical patterns would have helped. Knowing how to search words on a website (clt + f) to search words within the website document would have helped me to complete more on the classification test they handed out. Knowing some basic billing/invoice math would have helped as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am yet to accept and I am going to be contacted further. The positions they were testing for my results fell just short of what they wanted for an analyst position, but due to my interactions with the staff there they believed I had potential to work my way there. They offered a lower position with low pay that allows me to take advantage of free training and build my skills to later apply for analyst positions.

Trade Preference Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services (Farmington Hills, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied through school job board. Scheduled on site interview via email. Interviewed by two seniors and one manager. One senior and the manager were from department interviewing for. Questions largely behavioral.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services (Greenville, SC) in May 2012.

Interview

Initially had a phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and was fairly easy. A standard tell me about yourself. Afterwards, I was brought in for a group interview - very standard questions. As long as you aren't nervous and can demonstrate you know something about US Customs and international trade you will do fine.

Negotiation

I negotiated but was told it was difficult to shift. Was not able to get a better offer.

Infrastructure Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services (Farmington Hills, MI) in February 2012.

Interview

Interview was the normal thing. Went fairly well, and they didn't throw too many curve balls like some of those modern interview questions. The only thing I didn't like was they have the team interview as well to see if it will be a good fit. This wasn't a problem until they did the same thing to interview a guy they secretly knew would be coming in as our boss. Don't hire someone in treating them as our equal only to promote him above the rest of us shortly after, considering we all had many more years there.

Post Entry Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services (Farmington Hills, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

The process was relatively smooth and stress free. A friend of mine had recommonded me so I believe that helped. I interviewed there for two different positions. I didn't get the first position but they then recommended me to another newly promoted manager hiring to replace himself. The people were very nice and easy going, they were dressed quite casually.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation, they just offered me the least amount of my requested range. Looking back I should have requested more from the beginning.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services in October 2010.

Interview

Looks are not always what they seem. Very dissapointing while working there. Was promised things that never came to be and the interview went well. Interveiwed with only one person at STTAS and did more invterviewing at the employment agency. WIsh things would have worked out for me there, due to the fact one of the few jobs I have had I loved in the beginning

Customs Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sandler and Travis Trade Advisory Services (Warsaw (Poland)) in July 2015.

Interview

I have joined a Skype interview performed by Team Leader. She asked the basic questions but it was so obvious that she was not prepared for the interview. She didn't have a plan to follow. I would describe it as not professional at all.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the customs?
      Can you tell me a document which is used for international trade?   Answer Question