Sandvik Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 3, 2017

2.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Interview

I went through four interviews to be told that they didn't find what they were looking for and would continue recruiting. Two months later I still see the position listed. Obviously they do not know what they need or want in a candidate. Quite frustrating to take time off of work for multiple interviews when I wasn't even what they were looking for. My guess is there are too many chiefs involved and they cannot come to a consensus.

Interview Questions

• What kind of support do you need from me as your manager?   Answer Question

Operational Performance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sandvik (Smyrna, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied on line on LinkedIN. Did a phone interview, then a person to person interview.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer did not ask any difficult questions, but seem to focus on the job being more of a clerical position.   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sandvik.

Interview

I applied through the website for an auditor position at Sandviken (Sweden). After a short time I was contacted by HR Direct, their in house recruitment team and asked to attend an interview an Sandviken. This was fine and after a further week I was asked to attend a further interview with a senior HR officer in Stockholm; this was only a 30 minute general discussion and seemed a little anodyne and largely pointless.

I was then asked to attend a further interview with the Head of Department, who was based in London and this was when things started to take a bizarre turn. I was asked to arrange the interview myself (?) and provided with a telephone number to call. After numerous unsuccessful attempts (15+) at making contact, I sent an email to the company and the Head of Department contacted me directly and asked me to meet him in London. The interview was badly organised and amateurish, but of medium complexity in terms of its content. I was told by this individual that he had no power or authority to hire anyone and that a decision would have to made by someone who they hadn't yet hired (!) Anyway, things went quiet for a few weeks and reference requests were made and completed. After a further period of weeks I was asked to complete a Briggs/Myers type test and then attend a de-brief interview at Sandviken (Sweden). Once again, this was not taxing and I left with a positive impression. I was told at the conclusion of this process that I would have a final decision on the recruitment process in a couple of weeks.

Several weeks elapsed and I contacted the Head of Department who basically just kept delaying and delaying. Eventually, he told me that a new Group Department Head had been recruited and that he may wish to be involved in my recruitment process. A further week passed (the process in total took 3 months +) and I was exasperated with the waiting, so I just phoned up and was told 'no' and given some vague reasons/platitudes as to why. The next day I was sent an explanatory email, which didn't elaborate any further.

Modeling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cologne (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sandvik (Cologne (Germany)).

Interview

Sometime in 2011, I applied online for a position advertised on an online job board, and the group's secretary called and invited for an interview with the design group's head. The position was in Koln, Germany. They paid for the travel expenses.
    The position however turned out to be completely unrelated. The description in the advertisement was not accurate.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for the job when it is unrelated?   1 Answer

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuttgart (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sandvik (Stuttgart (Germany)) in March 2015.

Interview

Ein Gespräch hat stattgefunden. Der Geschäftsführer und zwei Mitarbeiter von Personalwesen waren in dem Gespräch dabei. Die Kommunikation (Terminvereinbarung) läuft gut über die Zentrale in Düsseldorf. Der Prozess ist sehr effizient gelaufen.Flexibel wegen Terminkoordination. Keine Tests. Keine schwerige Frage. Sehr informel und angenehm. Fragen über Lebenslauf usw. Ausführliche Information über Sandvik, Organisation und die Zusammenarbeit mit anderen Werken.