Sandvik Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sandvik Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2017

2.9

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sandvik (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview process includes a few rounds of Manager interview and then HR rounds .
    Its more focused on the previous experience and also the job expectations . Interview process may take time depending on which part of the year and also the location

Interview Questions

• Its more based on what you have done so far and the professional challenges ,Its more focused on the previous experience and also the job expectations   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sandvik (Crystal Lake, IL).

Interview

onsite interview, management representative, personality test, background check, experience level.
    process went very smooth and was offered a sales position fairly quickly. Initial start up / training process was very smooth

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandvik (Pune (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

A very clear and good interview. Positive process. Questions were asked related to my past work experiences and post graduation details. Project analysis skills were thoroughly analysed.Very welcoming people ready to help always !!

Business Line Manager Contracts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sandvik (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Got in touch with the company through recruiter. Had a first interview at their premises with the hiring manager. Good professional discussion. After 2 weeks got a call for a second in person interview this time with the VP of aftermarket and VP of business development. (it turned out the hiring manager quit in the meanwhile) and HR. Got offered a different position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, on the vacation days

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sandvik (Pune (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

applied through college or university. The process took a week and then they call all the selected persons

Interview Questions

• Got in through Campus Interview.. started with GD and then selected 1 candidates for PI.. then another final round of PI for last 5 candidates.   Answer Question

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuttgart (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sandvik (Stuttgart (Germany)) in March 2015.

Interview

Ein Gespräch hat stattgefunden. Der Geschäftsführer und zwei Mitarbeiter von Personalwesen waren in dem Gespräch dabei. Die Kommunikation (Terminvereinbarung) läuft gut über die Zentrale in Düsseldorf. Der Prozess ist sehr effizient gelaufen.Flexibel wegen Terminkoordination. Keine Tests. Keine schwerige Frage. Sehr informel und angenehm. Fragen über Lebenslauf usw. Ausführliche Information über Sandvik, Organisation und die Zusammenarbeit mit anderen Werken.

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sandvik.

Interview

I applied through the website for an auditor position at Sandviken (Sweden). After a short time I was contacted by HR Direct, their in house recruitment team and asked to attend an interview an Sandviken. This was fine and after a further week I was asked to attend a further interview with a senior HR officer in Stockholm; this was only a 30 minute general discussion and seemed a little anodyne and largely pointless.

I was then asked to attend a further interview with the Head of Department, who was based in London and this was when things started to take a bizarre turn. I was asked to arrange the interview myself (?) and provided with a telephone number to call. After numerous unsuccessful attempts (15+) at making contact, I sent an email to the company and the Head of Department contacted me directly and asked me to meet him in London. The interview was badly organised and amateurish, but of medium complexity in terms of its content. I was told by this individual that he had no power or authority to hire anyone and that a decision would have to made by someone who they hadn't yet hired (!) Anyway, things went quiet for a few weeks and reference requests were made and completed. After a further period of weeks I was asked to complete a Briggs/Myers type test and then attend a de-brief interview at Sandviken (Sweden). Once again, this was not taxing and I left with a positive impression. I was told at the conclusion of this process that I would have a final decision on the recruitment process in a couple of weeks.

Several weeks elapsed and I contacted the Head of Department who basically just kept delaying and delaying. Eventually, he told me that a new Group Department Head had been recruited and that he may wish to be involved in my recruitment process. A further week passed (the process in total took 3 months +) and I was exasperated with the waiting, so I just phoned up and was told 'no' and given some vague reasons/platitudes as to why. The next day I was sent an explanatory email, which didn't elaborate any further.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sandvik in January 2012.

Interview

Through a consultant, direct one on one interaction with the MD, though initially i was not interested initially but after the interview i changed by decision and then decided to join.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no accepted the offer

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sandvik (Milford, CT).

Interview

Very laid back interview, mostly just general conversation. Not all interviews will be this way though, it depends what department you are going into. They hire through temp agencies for 99% of the positions. If you know someone that works there its pretty much a guarantee that you would have a job.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions asked to me though I suppose it depends on who you are going to interview with. Some managers are way more serious and others are laughable.   Answer Question

Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sandvik (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)).

Interview

Phone interview, f2f, testing

Interview Questions

• What personaly stile would you bring to the copany?   1 Answer

Negotiation

short and effective