Sandvik Mining and Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2016

2.8

Operational Performance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sandvik Mining and Construction (Smyrna, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied on line on LinkedIN. Did a phone interview, then a person to person interview.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer did not ask any difficult questions, but seem to focus on the job being more of a clerical position.   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandvik Mining and Construction.

Interview

Engineering manager starts with a phone interview. Simple questions to learn about past experience. After that, half day interview on site. Interview will consist of talking to HR, engineering manager and future peers. Depending on works, future peers will have university level questions to ask. Mine was on mechanics of materials, weld calculations and drawings.

Interview Questions

• What is stronger, an I beam or a beam with a square cross-section with the same cross-sectional area as the I-beam. Explain why.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sandvik Mining and Construction (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2010.

Interview

Contacted old cooworker, who help me to arrange an interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was easy, I tald what t want, they come back with what they were willing to do

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sandvik Mining and Construction (Brisbane (Australia)).

Interview

I was called to an interview with the recruiting manager and a HR representative. They went trough and explained the position and what they were looking for. A couple of days later an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• What has been the most difficult circumstance you have had to deal with in one of your project? How did you manage it?   Answer Question

Modeling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cologne (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sandvik Mining and Construction (Cologne (Germany)).

Interview

Sometime in 2011, I applied online for a position advertised on an online job board, and the group's secretary called and invited for an interview with the design group's head. The position was in Koln, Germany. They paid for the travel expenses.
    The position however turned out to be completely unrelated. The description in the advertisement was not accurate.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for the job when it is unrelated?   1 Answer

Material Coordinator Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sandvik Mining and Construction (Pune (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Firstly i applied the resume on sandvik carrier. i have received call from sandvik hr for the resume selection and opportunity to written test. Then i have given the Written test and i passed in test. Then 5 days after they have called me for technical interview and i also faced interview and i selected for hr interview and medical in next 5 days.

Interview Questions

• What is your capability to join our company?   1 Answer

Logistics Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandvik Mining and Construction in May 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview and upon confirmation, personal interview with the Manager (back in 2014). Very straight forward and personal interview was very comfortable. Manager was very open to explain expectations so you could provide feedback.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sandvik Mining and Construction.

Interview

Got in through Campus Interview.. started with GD and then selected 1 candidates for PI.. then another final round of PI for last 5 candidates.

Fleet Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sandvik Mining and Construction (Brisbane (Australia)) in November 2011.

Interview

Initially interviewed through recruitment agency for a payroll accountant position. I accepted the offer and then interviewed internally for the fleet manager position. Both occasions were swift processes. Initially as am external applicant I was drug tested and medical testes for hearing and lifting. The sandvik culture is great and friendly with few bad apples.

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jodhpur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sandvik Mining and Construction (Jodhpur, Rajasthan (India)) in June 2010.

Interview

college campus

Interview Questions

• explain the power generation in thermal power plant?   1 Answer

because the offer was not satisfactory.