Sandvine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.8

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Sandvine in August 2014.

Interview

Through college placement cell. Total 3 rounds . 1 written test. 2 Techincal. First round questions were from DSA. Some linked list questions. Basic network and OS. Asked me to explain the complete path a packet follow in the network topology before it reaches the destination. I os about semaphores.

Interview Questions

• Design a memory management algo where the user will allocate memory with in 80-700. Total fragmentation should me minimum.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandvine in July 2017.

Interview

1. Written test 3 categories.
    Aptitude 25 marks
    Technical 30 marks(ds,c,os,DB)
    Programming 3 questions.

Programming questions bit difficult but if you know data structures well you can get through.

For shortlisted students face to face interview.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sandvine.

Interview

1->Phone Interview Time:10-15 mins HR will record your answers and forward it to Technical Team
    2->Direct Technical Interview Time:1 hour Basic Technical Questions
    3->InDepth Technical Interview 1 hour: Technical Questions in detail

Interview Questions

• Questions related to linux , Virtualisation, Radius/Diameter Server, TCP/IP , SQL basics.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was scheduled at 9.30am, and the company is located 30 kms outside the city, so even if you reach at 10 am the security guards will not let you in, worst interview experience ever, even top companies will spare 1 hour if you are late for the venue, these guys think they are extraordinary, this is enough to know how they treat their employees.

Network Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandvine (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

applied through campus recruitment program. It consisted of GD and technical round,followed by HR round. GD round was for namesake, the thing was you have to take a topic of your choice and speak for 2 minutes on that. One third was shorlisted for next round,
     Next round was technical.
    In technical, interviewer was not paying attention to candidate, he was interviewing a candidate within 2-3 minutes, means only 1 or 2 ques per candidate at max.
    HR round was for name sake.

Solution Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandvine.

Interview

Initial interview by HR and 2nd were not much Technical all about basics ragarding Linux PHP Bash DNS DHCP and switching.
    They preffer Software programmers mostly for Solution Engineer.
    Interview was for middle east position where most of the coding on sandscript was required though allbthe dpis have almost same elements with different flavor of linux/unix and databases + javascript

Interview Questions

• Their focus other than required technical skill is how'll you work or behave to customer.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sandvine.

Interview

first one with HR, second one with a senior software engineer. First one was talk over the phone and general question regarding the required skill sets. Second one was on programming and algorithms. we connected via Skype.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

First round was a written round.It consisted of 3 sections:Aptitute,Technical and Programming.
    The aptitute was easy,technical consisted of a few complex ec related questions.Programming was easy.
    PS:The written round is always the same.You can check out the questions posted by many,as the same questions appear each time.
    Interviews:I had 2 rounds of technical interview of 1 hr each.According to me,yje interviews went on really well.I answered almost all questions efficiently.
    The HR said I should give be taking the HR round some other day.
    The HR asked me too many questions regarding my current salary.He wanted to know each and every detail.Initially i believed it was fine,as it helped him to decide the compensation.But he went on asking too many personal questions.It felt like he was more interested to know my current earnings than discuss about what he had to offer.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sandvine (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

I just attended the first round.It was nice experience.I just attended the first round.You will be given forms to fill your personal details.After that the test starts (11 to 12:45).After the test some quiz was conducted about sandvine .Those who answered them correctly got some gifts.

Interview Questions

• First round consists of
      ->apti- 25 questions
      ->technical- 25 questions
      ->programming - 4 questions

Apti ->Apti round was okay.If you prepare using R.S Agarwal book it is more than sufficient.There were questions from various topics like time and work,percentage,speed of train etc;

Tech->It goes like this
      4-5 questions - code snippets will be given and outputs are asked.
      around 8-9 questions- networking questions(better study for this)
      3-4 questions - operating systems.
      2-3 questions-code in c++

programming
      a).write a code to print this

1 1
      3 3 3 3 3 3
      5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5
      3 3 3 3 3 3
      1 1

b)
      write a code to replace some word in a sentence with another word

(I dont remember the sentence)
      eg: I walk upto 6 miles a week.replace miles with kilometres.

c)
      An array will be given.
      eg:
      2 3 4 2 5 7 89 1 1

Count the number of elements in the array (without repetitions).
      keep a count of repeated numbers using linked list.

5).some question about binary search tree.   Answer Question

Software Engineer - Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sandvine (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

Written test MCQ including general aptitude from various topics including time and work, tsd, number theory,averages, problems on ages, profit and loss, simple interest, logical and analytical reasoning, English comprehension and technical aptitude from topics like c++, OS, networking, data structure, algorithm and some questions from database. There subjective round which include program writing where 4 programs were there from arrays, patterns, linked list, binary tree.