Sandvine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sandvine Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Sandvine in August 2014.

Interview

Through college placement cell. Total 3 rounds . 1 written test. 2 Techincal. First round questions were from DSA. Some linked list questions. Basic network and OS. Asked me to explain the complete path a packet follow in the network topology before it reaches the destination. I os about semaphores.

Interview Questions

• Design a memory management algo where the user will allocate memory with in 80-700. Total fragmentation should me minimum.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sandvine.

Interview

1->Phone Interview Time:10-15 mins HR will record your answers and forward it to Technical Team
    2->Direct Technical Interview Time:1 hour Basic Technical Questions
    3->InDepth Technical Interview 1 hour: Technical Questions in detail

Interview Questions

• Questions related to linux , Virtualisation, Radius/Diameter Server, TCP/IP , SQL basics.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sandvine.

Interview

Interview process was ok. Had two rounds. One technical and one manager round. Overall experience was good. Did not gave a good description on the job requirements.Overall experience was good

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sandvine.

Interview

I applied online, they HR called me and we had twenty-minute phone interview, asking some technical and behavioral questions. the questions including TCP, Network principles, Linux-Unix, SQL, virtualization. she asked set of questions based on my resume as well. technical questions were not hard to answer. after 24 hours they called me for second round interview which is 1 hour technical interview with technical manager

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was scheduled at 9.30am, and the company is located 30 kms outside the city, so even if you reach at 10 am the security guards will not let you in, worst interview experience ever, even top companies will spare 1 hour if you are late for the venue, these guys think they are extraordinary, this is enough to know how they treat their employees.

Network Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandvine (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

applied through campus recruitment program. It consisted of GD and technical round,followed by HR round. GD round was for namesake, the thing was you have to take a topic of your choice and speak for 2 minutes on that. One third was shorlisted for next round,
     Next round was technical.
    In technical, interviewer was not paying attention to candidate, he was interviewing a candidate within 2-3 minutes, means only 1 or 2 ques per candidate at max.
    HR round was for name sake.

Solution Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandvine.

Interview

Initial interview by HR and 2nd were not much Technical all about basics ragarding Linux PHP Bash DNS DHCP and switching.
    They preffer Software programmers mostly for Solution Engineer.
    Interview was for middle east position where most of the coding on sandscript was required though allbthe dpis have almost same elements with different flavor of linux/unix and databases + javascript

Interview Questions

• Their focus other than required technical skill is how'll you work or behave to customer.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sandvine.

Interview

first one with HR, second one with a senior software engineer. First one was talk over the phone and general question regarding the required skill sets. Second one was on programming and algorithms. we connected via Skype.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

First round was a written round.It consisted of 3 sections:Aptitute,Technical and Programming.
    The aptitute was easy,technical consisted of a few complex ec related questions.Programming was easy.
    PS:The written round is always the same.You can check out the questions posted by many,as the same questions appear each time.
    Interviews:I had 2 rounds of technical interview of 1 hr each.According to me,yje interviews went on really well.I answered almost all questions efficiently.
    The HR said I should give be taking the HR round some other day.
    The HR asked me too many questions regarding my current salary.He wanted to know each and every detail.Initially i believed it was fine,as it helped him to decide the compensation.But he went on asking too many personal questions.It felt like he was more interested to know my current earnings than discuss about what he had to offer.

Senior Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sandvine (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

It totally consists of 6 rounds i.e 1st is telephonic, Next 4 rounds one on one, 4th round with AVP then finally with HR.
    Mostly related to the Network Protocol depth understanding and the debugging steps.
    They looks for problem solving ability.
    They looks for system level knowledge.
    Im not that good into Scripting so they asked to pseudo code to the problems.

Interview Questions

• How Ping works, Trace route works, NAT, Active and Passive FTP, If a packet fails what are the debugging steps you do starting from your device to the destination host, Packet forwarding, IPV4 and IPV6, Flow control and congestion Control, DHCP Full process, Radius Full process with AAA ports, OSPF, Deep Packet Inspection, they looks whether we have for deep understanding of our product and how its deployed in real time environment.
      I worked for similar product so they asked to give a repro for there customer Customer Cases " introduce delay to a DHCP server in the product deployment".
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I had an another offer at that time, they gave a better Compensation than that, but no negotiation happens.