Sandvine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sandvine (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

I just attended the first round.It was nice experience.I just attended the first round.You will be given forms to fill your personal details.After that the test starts (11 to 12:45).After the test some quiz was conducted about sandvine .Those who answered them correctly got some gifts.

Interview Questions

• First round consists of
      ->apti- 25 questions
      ->technical- 25 questions
      ->programming - 4 questions

Apti ->Apti round was okay.If you prepare using R.S Agarwal book it is more than sufficient.There were questions from various topics like time and work,percentage,speed of train etc;

Tech->It goes like this
      4-5 questions - code snippets will be given and outputs are asked.
      around 8-9 questions- networking questions(better study for this)
      3-4 questions - operating systems.
      2-3 questions-code in c++

programming
      a).write a code to print this

1 1
      3 3 3 3 3 3
      5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5
      3 3 3 3 3 3
      1 1

b)
      write a code to replace some word in a sentence with another word

(I dont remember the sentence)
      eg: I walk upto 6 miles a week.replace miles with kilometres.

c)
      An array will be given.
      eg:
      2 3 4 2 5 7 89 1 1

Count the number of elements in the array (without repetitions).
      keep a count of repeated numbers using linked list.

5).some question about binary search tree.
      Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandvine (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Average difficulty. It all happens on one day. Networking plus algorithms.
    I would prepare on routers, switches, hubs, and the different layers of networking model (L1, L2, L3, L4, L7==Application). Think about how you would test networking products too!!!

Interview Questions

• Explain how internet works. Write some basic functions that operate on lists/arrays.   1 Answer

Software Engineer - Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sandvine (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

Written test MCQ including general aptitude from various topics including time and work, tsd, number theory,averages, problems on ages, profit and loss, simple interest, logical and analytical reasoning, English comprehension and technical aptitude from topics like c++, OS, networking, data structure, algorithm and some questions from database. There subjective round which include program writing where 4 programs were there from arrays, patterns, linked list, binary tree.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sandvine (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

It is mostly on your resume. Questions are simple. I got question on operating systems , C and C++.
    Questions were related to linked lists, algorithm and UMTS, LTE. Total 3 rounds were there and they chance to think and write programs. Finally convincing MD was the difficult challenge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sandvine (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Interview process was kind of professional.

I had three rounds. First was formal telephonic in which discussion happened for 15-20 min about my work profile, product and technologies i have used. Second and third was specifically related to technology background. I was from ror development background so questions were typically from this part only.

They said only HR round is pending but could not figure out why they did not called.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandvine.

Interview

Was emailed by HR and asked to provide times for a phone interview - emailed them right away and did not hear back a time until one week later. Call was quick and easy, just asked about my skills and background. HR lady was quite nice and said that she'd get back to me that week. I never heard back from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandvine (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Very disappointing. The HRs have no regard for candidates. I got a mail for an interview at 8 PM & guess what! The interview is on the very next day at 9 AM! They didn't even bother to confirm my availability before scheduling it.
    The tests that they gave had questions which are completely irrelevant to the profile I had applied for. Still, after managing to clear them, the interview took place. This so called interviewer doesn't have the basic courtesy to even know a thing or two about me before firing questions. He hasn't even had a look at my resume before & I was informed that the person who was supposed to take my interview was on leave & the HR had asked him to take over. Apparently, this person has no idea of my domain or profile & was taking my interview as no one else was available! You can guess what might have happened next. There was an absolute mismatch with us & eventually the interview concluded. A guy informs the result & he tips me on how I should learn more about my domain! Felt like giving him a long lecture on basic business etiquette but what's the point in speaking to such people? I left with an absolute sense of disgust.
    Complete lack of professionalism from all the people involved. Probably the worst & most pathetic interview I've attended till date!

I Applied for the Post of Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sandvine (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

1st round was written,followed by coding round. Next was face-to-face interviews.
    Each of my rounds lasted an hour and it was an enriching experience. The final round was with the highest designation of the department. The final round was a bad experience, which lasted 4 hours.
    I found the people rude and insensitive. No time sense or respect to the candidate. Higher designation can be a big demotivate factor.

Interview Questions

• 1. write a program to implement memcpy
      2. reverse a linked list recursively
      3. inter-process communication
      4. explain everything from the time you type a url in the browser
      5. implement a stack
      2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sandvine (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

I got call letter through fresherworld process was 1 week process.Questions was basically based on our technical background like ds,ADA,OS and some question was based on coding.And coding question was based on ADA and datastructure geeksfogeeks is better for preperation for this round.

Interview Questions

• first round was written round. Question was divided in to three section 1. Aptitute
      2.Technical
      3.Coding question
      Aptitute question was simple, technical basically based on datastructure and algorithm,database,network,operating system.
         and coding round there was 5 questions and we have to write its test cases.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiruchirappalli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandvine (Tiruchirappalli (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

It was good. They asked me basics of DS, OOPs concept C, C++. They also asked me to write a program. They then asked me about the basics in electronics since i am from a tronics depatment.