Sandvine Network Support Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sandvine Network Support Technician Interview Questions

Network Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandvine (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in March 2011.

Interview

A phone interview was setup with by a recruiter at waterloo. she was very polite and communicated efficiently. interview consisted of both behavioral and technical questions for example what do you know about this company and why do you want to join us, what is your experience with networking etc. Technical part consisted of TCP and UDP protocols and basic UNIX commands

Interview Questions

• what UNIX commands do you use to make a directory,list a directory and view the running process   Answer Question
  • What is the difference between UDP and TCP and list examples of such protocols   Answer Question
  • Describe your home network ad what is the difference btw a blue and green network cable   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sandvine

Network Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandvine (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2010.

Interview

The phone call was via Skype. It was a pleasant phone call by the HR lady. She was very nice. It first started off with basic questions about yourself and where you are currently working. Then she gets into entry level technical questions. She is not technical herself, she's just reading questions that are on the paper. She will record all your answers and forward them to the hiring manager where they will screen..

Some basic technical questions may throw you off as they are questions that you don't deal with from day to day work. You just have to remember from experience... Questions like "How many pins are on a RJ45 connector?"

Overall, it was a good interview... They called me for a second interview which will consist of 2 technical people. I have a good feeling I'm going to be raped on these questions as I read online from people's past experience, they go really in depth...

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between the blue and green Ethernet cable?   1 Answer
    • How many pins are on the RJ45 connector?
      How many pins are on the RJ45 gigabit connector?
      1 Answer