Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.7

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute.

Interview

Very kind and friendly director. Very normal and standard interview process. I believe that this is a great place to work as they are very innovative and a great learning institute.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

About a week between updates, from HR. Very thorough communication and very accommodating. Willing to provide travel and accommodations for on site interview, if needed. HR request to screen, then hiring manager interviews, then onsite four hour panel interviews. Reference check comes afterwards.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 staff members in a span of 2 hours. Didn't feel like I was being interviewed, it felt more like having a conversation with someone about your goals and experience in lab.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you made a mistake and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Research Assistant I Interview

Interview

Actual interview process was pretty standard. I got to meet with two PI's and got shown around the lab. The whole interview process was about 50 min.
    The only upsetting thing about the interview process was the decision they made about closing the research position and not moving forward with filling that role. My question is: How can a company be so unprofessional by wasting people's valuable time and money with an interview and cancel the position last minute? A company should be sure of the necessity of said position before posting a job seeking post. Absolutely improper behavior.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions regarding my past projects and experiences.   Answer Question

Laboratory Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute (La Jolla, CA).

Interview

The interview was a full day interview with the PI and the laboratory. This included one on one meetings with each member, and a lunch with the group. Overall very standard academic lab interview.

Support Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. I first had a phone interview. Then I was called in for a group interview. My references were thoroughly questioned as well and told me they felt like they were being interviewed. I consider this a positive thing though. I think interviewers should really try to find a good match for each position and ask a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot of "HR type questions" that did not really pertain to specific skills. A lot of "what-if", character questions.   1 Answer

Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute (Orlando, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

2 hour Interview split into three 40-minute interviews.
    One by Principal Scientist, Assistant Scientist and HR manager each.

Reached the facility 15 minutes earlier. Had the first round with the Principal Scientist and he seemed to be really excited about my experience. Also handed me a few of his recently published work.

The second round with the Assistant Scientist was average as I didn't find him curious to know my skill set or prior knowledge. Tough person to crack.

The HR manager was a delight to talk to.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through Craigslist and received a phone call from the business inviting me to come in for an interview. I arrived and was interviewed by a Customer Service Representative and she asked me the standard questions. I was able to get the position offered to me, but I accepted the one at SBP instead.

Senior Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute (La Jolla, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

It took 6 months to get the job. Started with a phone interview with HR, then a phone interview with a team member, then an in-person interview with the VP and another team member (different than the phone call), then I heard nothing for 2 months, then I was brought in to meet with the 2 more team members and a writing prompt before an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions based on how I would react to a stressful, deadline driven environment.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute in April 2013.

Interview

There is a scientific meeting with 7-8 group members. I first gave a scientific presentation (40 mins), then I answer questions from group member. After meeting, there is a lunch with group member.

Interview Questions

• i gave a scientific presentation   1 Answer