Sankalp Semiconductor Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2017

3.4

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sankalp Semiconductor in March 2017.

Interview

1st round was a written exam consisting of 7 subjective type questions. Two questions were on Operational amplifier, 1 CMOS logic circuit, 1 Bode plot and i don't remember the other questions but it was intended to test the basics of analog circuits (concentrate on cmos circuits, RLC circuits and opamp), network theory ( kcl, kvl, thevenin, norton numericals) control system (bode plot because it is mostly used), digital circuits and signal system( basics only).
2nd round was technical interview. Overall they want to see your approach in the questions asked to you in the technical round.
The final hr round is just a formality. Just keep calm and don't get nervous because sankalp rarely rejects anyone after the hr round.

Interview Questions

• It started with a simple Low pass RC filter with square wave input. Then the interviewer asked to explain the output if input is an impulse. Then he added a diode in that circuit and then a mosfet. He gave a lot of RC circuit (no RL or RLC circuit). Queations were then asked to find the time constant of given circuits. He then asked what will be the output if the position of pmos and cmos in an inverter is interchanged. Some cmos circuit output was asked to find out. Opamp circuits with non infinite Gain.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sankalp Semiconductor

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sankalp Semiconductor (Kolkata (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on campus from our college in Kolkata. They shortlisted 77 students from ECE and EE streams for the written test, which is a pen and paper exam. It had 7 questions of total 100 marks, all technical, based on MOSFETs, diode, Flip flop, RC circuits etc.
        10 people qualified for the next round, I being 10th among them
        I was interviewed at 10pm

Interview Questions

• May I come in, sir?   1 Answer
    • Are you frustrated waiting for such a long time?   1 Answer
    • What was your WBJEE rank?   1 Answer
    • What are the subjects you are prepared for today?   1 Answer
    • He gave various circuits, based on RC network, MOSFET and diode, and nearly all had step input   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sankalp Semiconductor (Kolkata (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

It happened through campus placement at my college. There were a GPA based shortlisting initially, followed by a written technical round and two subsequent technical interviews and an HR round. the first interview round had a couple of interviewers while the second round was on a 1:1 basis. The questions were asked from all subjects ranging from basic circuit theory to analog VLSI. RC circuits were asked in most of the rounds. A few books to consult before applying would be Sedra & Smith, Hayt, Kemmerly and Durbin, Allen & Holberg, Razavi for analog and circuits , Kuo and Ogata for control systems, Lathi for analog communications.

Interview Questions

• The written round had question on MOS circuits, basic networks, OPAMP, control systems, RC circuits and also a question of digital and analog communication. Subsequent rounds were tougher and had difficult questions ranging from all core subjects taught during the course work.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sankalp Semiconductor (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

The process had 3 Rounds. first round was Test based on Aptitude and Electronic circuits. second round wasTechinical and the third was the HR interview. Test they asked questions based on time, speed, logical,Work and Techical based on KCL, voltage division KVL etc.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hubli (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sankalp Semiconductor (Hubli (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview is full of basic R, L, V, I circuits.Written test is easy provided basics are good.
    Group discussion is easy provided you speak.
    They just test your basics.

Overall experience was very good but the amount of filtering in Technical interview round is more than what i expected.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hubli (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sankalp Semiconductor (Hubli (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

first round will be written , then group discussion, technical followed by hr .
    In written there will be two section .
    apititude (time distance, train,work problems,allegations )
    in technical(rc filter, capacitor charging and discharging , digital electronics , opamps, network problems on rlc components , kcl , kvl. cmos fet problems )
    geometry (logical verbal problems)

Interview Questions

• Capcitor charging and discharging
      digital basic gates using diode and bjt
      rc low pass and high pass filter   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sankalp Semiconductor.

Interview

For Circuit Design
    (1) Technical Written -- MOS, Ckt theory, Control System, Digital (to some extent)
    (2) Technical Interview -- Concepts of MOS circuit (Basic & Tricky questions, Current Mirrors, Single Stage Amplifier, Differential Amplifier) , Control System, Circuit Theory (R networks, RC networks, RL to some extent)
    (3) HR Interview

Interview Questions

• Concepts of MOS circuit (Basic & Tricky questions, Current Mirrors, Single Stage Amplifier, Differential Amplifier) , Control System, Circuit Theory (R networks, RC networks, RL to some extent)   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

The recruitment process consists of essentially three rounds, Technical written, Technical Interview, HR interview (GD is may or may not be held). The technical written have the questions which might seem tough, but has a simple concept behind it.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly concentrated on RC circuits, circuit analysis & Op Amps. simple questions on Diodes were also asked.   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sankalp Semiconductor.

Interview

The interview process is as follows:Aptitude.
    Then based on the score there will be Interview.
    After that the HR round will commence in the office.

Overall it was quite good. Mostly they filter the required mass by Aptitude test. Questions are again tested with a different set of parameter in the interview. The basic of the interview will be checked.

Interview Questions

• Questions are related to basic aptitude, puzzles, and basic engineering   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sankalp Semiconductor (Bhubaneswar (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of written, gd, technical interview and HR interview. Written round consisted of aptitude questions, technical questions and geometric puzzles. Each has sectional cut off. In GD round two topics were given for discussion. The topics were mostly from current affairs. The technical interview was for an hour and mostly will brush up through your RC circuit knowledge and Vlsi concepts. The HR interview wasn't there for all candidates but it was a simple interview session.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself?   1 Answer