Sanmina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sanmina (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applying for the position is completed online. Once I was called for an interview it was conducted by both the chief manufacturing engineer and vice president of the department. This interview took approximately one hour. I was questioned about my abilities, job duties and salary with my previous employer. I was given an overview of what the company does and what they are looking for, I am currently waiting for an offer.

Mfg Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sanmina.

Interview

contract type interview .basically format of interview in all companies how they took process in their company

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sanmina in October 2016.

Interview

4 on 1 interview in which questions came from all sides and were not cohesive. Did not know who was going to ask questions next, or if the subject matter was going to stay the same or fluctuate from one person to the next. Not bad, just fast paced "think on your toes" type of interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sanmina (Costa Mesa, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process was easy. HR called for an interview two weeks after applying for the position. The hiring manager is very pleasant and easy to talk to. The second interview was held a week after the first and both interviewers were wonderful.

Senior Director of Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sanmina (Huntsville, AL) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a call 2 weeks later for an onsite interview. It was very "corporate" feeling and old school. The HR person had emailed me to set up the interview and stated that I needed to fill out the attached application paperwork. It wasn't attached so I had to email her back. Once I filled it out, I emailed it back to her. I received ZERO confirmation of receipt.

During the interview, it was with the hiring manager and then I spoke with someone that reports to him. I recently completed a supply chain certification (APICS CSCP) which is very well known in the supply chain community. In fact, many jobs require this certification. The one interviewer stated he didn't known APICS was still around. This tells me that his skills are probably stagnant and goes back to the old school mode of thinking. It surprised me that a large company has Sr level employees that don't take advantage of cutting edge training and certification programs. The programs help one's skills to stay relevant. The 2nd interviewer also mentioned that some customers actually yell and cuss at you. Why in the world would a real professional want to be in that type of environment? It's has been one week and I haven't heard back from the company. Even if I do, I'll be declining an offer.

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sanmina.

Interview

Emails were exchanged and a phone interview followed. Emails were exchanged over a 4 day period, and the phone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. The conversation was amicable, despite the outcome that Sanmina could not meet my salary expectations.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to experience and expertise. The typical questions, followed by questions regarding salary expectations. There was a clear gap between what the industry is paying, and what Sanmina is willing to pay.   1 Answer

Cost Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sanmina (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Interviewed with accounting supervisor, interview went well, didn't get the job, had minimal accounting experience and education.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I was willing to finish out my accounting degree, which I was/am in the proves of anyway.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sanmina (San Jose, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then was invited for an in person interview with 2 potential colleagues and 1 supervisor. Atmosphere was casual, and my interviewers were very friendly. Had a good experience overall. I had good correspondence with the recruiter and was notified promptly of my interview results.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my background and my experiences in auditing.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sanmina in June 2012.

Interview

I went twice for the interview. One time just talked to the manager. The next time I went in to take a SolidWorks test. No instruction on how he wanted it done, and he sat there and made calls while I took an assembly and tried to fix it.

Interview Questions

• Trying to deal with the pressure of the interview process. I should have just walked out. I would have felt better than getting the job.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sanmina (San Jose, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

Not very orgranized interviewers. The culture seemed stuffed but it was expected; typical of a CM culture. Questions asked were very simple, not much substance. The hiring manager seemed unsure and atually relied on one if his Engineers to make the final decision for him. One Engineer actually spent time talking about other people instead of focusing on the interviewee.