Sanmina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.4

Production Panner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sanmina (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview took about an hour, I met with the team lead and supervisor, the process was very fast, they were both very friendly. I couldn't meet them during the week so they agreed to meet me in the week end, as far as the interview goes, this was a very nice process.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sanmina (Costa Mesa, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process was easy. HR called for an interview two weeks after applying for the position. The hiring manager is very pleasant and easy to talk to. The second interview was held a week after the first and both interviewers were wonderful.

Production Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sanmina (Fremont, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Arrived at the main lobby and directed me to the conference room, the hiring manager interviewed first asked technical question, related to the job functions, went over to work as a team questions, did not provide a tour of the facility and mentioned he/she will make a decision with in 1 week or so after talking with other candidates. 2nd interviewer (director level), asked questions regarding my experiences from my resume and explain in detail a few of my accomplishments, asked questions regarding MRP experiences in Oracle and Excel level of knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What do like better work as a team or alone   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sanmina (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Just like normal interview process, got phone screen from recruiter for your current status and schedule phone/onsite interview. Then phone interview with hiring manager. And onsite interview as usual. Then wait for approval of your offer.

Senior Director of Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sanmina (Huntsville, AL) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a call 2 weeks later for an onsite interview. It was very "corporate" feeling and old school. The HR person had emailed me to set up the interview and stated that I needed to fill out the attached application paperwork. It wasn't attached so I had to email her back. Once I filled it out, I emailed it back to her. I received ZERO confirmation of receipt.

During the interview, it was with the hiring manager and then I spoke with someone that reports to him. I recently completed a supply chain certification (APICS CSCP) which is very well known in the supply chain community. In fact, many jobs require this certification. The one interviewer stated he didn't known APICS was still around. This tells me that his skills are probably stagnant and goes back to the old school mode of thinking. It surprised me that a large company has Sr level employees that don't take advantage of cutting edge training and certification programs. The programs help one's skills to stay relevant. The 2nd interviewer also mentioned that some customers actually yell and cuss at you. Why in the world would a real professional want to be in that type of environment? It's has been one week and I haven't heard back from the company. Even if I do, I'll be declining an offer.

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sanmina (Huntsville, AL) in July 2015.

Interview

Very positive experience. The hiring managers I spoke with were very enthusiastic, respectful, and easy to talk to. They basically described the position, everyday experience, responsibilities, and answered whatever questions that I had. It felt like they were just as interested in whether it would be a good fit for me as I would be for the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very pleasant. They originally offered very close to my target number. I didn't shoot for the moon, but I ended up getting exactly what I asked for.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sanmina (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Lengthy process, took 4 months from contact to hire. Interviewed with 8 people on initial plant visit. The interview did not include a plant tour, after 1 year on job, only 1 of interview panel was still employed with company.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sanmina (Huntsville, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very good due to the fact that I had a very good manager. However much of the managers and or supervisors are not the best. I worked with some very good people though.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sanmina (Fremont, CA).

Interview

Contacted by email from recruiter. Met with the manager looking to fill the position for 1st interview, general manager for second interview. Interviews were low pressure, comfortable and rather basic. No tests or anything like that.

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sanmina (Huntsville, AL) in March 2015.

Interview

Spoke briefly with the hiring manager in a conference room. No tour of offices (cubes) or labs. No examples of current or past projects shown. Second half of interview was listening to the division V.P. lecture about his views on systems engineering. No opportunity to ask questions since his talk consumed the time before he had a scheduled meeting. Poor people skills.
    Received an offer. When I attempted to negotiate additional pay or PTO, the recruiter and hiring manager blamed each other for no room to negotiate.