Sanofi Genzyme Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sanofi Genzyme Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2017

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme.

Interview

I had been submitted to the position through a recruiting agency about two months prior to any contact. I initially had a phone screen and was then quickly invited on-site. For the on-site, I had a half day interview with lunch included. I was given the wrong address and had to go to another building thanks to the help of a nice security guard. At the correct building, I met with a total of eight people from the group including director-level people. Midway into the interview, I could tell that this was a group that I did not want to work with although the position was a great fit for my background. I eventually received an offer for the position but immediately declined it.

Summerfor Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Two managers of QC team brought me into the interview, and the entire process lasted for about an hour. The interview was an average difficulty, and both managers were very friendly. They asked me lots of questions ranging from general questions such as, tell us something about yourself, why did you choose this major, what did I learn from this or that experience to skills questions such as what is chromatography, how did I manage lab notebook, what is GMP, etc.

Interview Questions

• What does Chromatography do?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

I went to a Sanofi university recruiting panel and talked to managers from different apartment. then the next day, HR contacted me through email saying the manager from Quality Control department offered me an opportunity for an onsite interview. Two weeks later, I went to Sanofi Genzyme Allston Landing Facility, and two other management levels personals interviewed me. The interview lasted for about an hour, and they asked me questions regarding to school experience, past internships, leadership roles and other general stuffs. I enjoyed the interview with them a lot.

Interview Questions

• what is Thin-layer Chromatography? What is chromatography?   1 Answer

Analyst (Summer) Interview

Interview

Simple - just a in person 45 min interview, mostly fit, with the head of the team. But HR is a nightmare. Applied in November and did not get paperwork till April. Contacting GZ employees from an outside email address is near impossible with most of the upper management. Not very transparent about the hiring process either. Had to follow up multiple times to get an answer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at GZ and what can you bring to this position?   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Worcester, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Brought into interview after the screening interview. Met with 5 people in 2.5 hours. It goes quickly. One manager-level interview from an adjacent department had a defined list of questions but everyone else kind of winged it.

Staff Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Framingham, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Had a very pleasant phone call with HR recruiter who asked simple questions about position, expected salary, and experiences that qualify me. This was followed by an on-site interview in Framingham, MA with the group, the hiring manager, and some of the executives. I presented my research and was well received. It was almost an academic environment in terms of research and interview questions. Very strong neuroimmunology research group. I withdrew my name for consideration upon receiving another offer from a different company in a more suitable location.

Interview Questions

• If given the resources to pursue any research angle at the company, what did I see as a critical direction to advance the field and address their biological/medical question.   1 Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme.

Interview

I was lead to a conference room. Met with HR person, then a telephone conference with someone in France then person that worked in that department and then the head of that department. There was going to be another interview via telephone with another person a couple of days later. One thing I noticed is the department head while interviewing me was sweating profusely and was constantly fidgeting in his seat. Also he tended to babble and said he hated dealing with the people in France because he had a hard time understanding them. Also they said over and over they are very fussy on who they hire

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where things did not work out as planned.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme.

Interview

The interview was okay. The interviewer wanted to know about my previous experience and my classes. Generally the things i had on my resume. The recruiter wanted to know about my knowledge of biologics and bioprocessing. He also wanted to know how i would react to a situation where i encounter a difficult co-worker because most of the projects are a team effort.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate for this job?   1 Answer

Research Associate II-Temp Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Framingham, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in August for the position however did not hear from them again until November. I had long forgotten the position even existed however, I resumed the interview process again for the interview experience. I had a phone screen with the hiring manager for about 15-30 mins and it was pretty great. This was mostly to find out a little about my personality and discuss my resume. I was brought for team interview which took approximately 3 hours where I met the whole team. The team was really nice and they all were friendly. The whole interviewing experience was really pleasant. They never made promises that there would be a permanent position available however did say that I would learn a lot during my time there.

Interview Questions

• What separates a good employee apart from other employees in the lab?   1 Answer

Associate Medical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

There was great coordination. I was happy that the first interview was with a lot of folks (6) ie no lengthy screen. It did make a long day. Some in person and some phone. Most difficult aspect was different 'personalities' of various interviewers. For example things would settle casually with one, and the next would be more formal and buttoned up. So just be yourself

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge level of Regs, what attracted you to the job, in 10 words explain therapeutic area (deep clinical expertise not required). Otherwise review of experience.   Answer Question