Sanofi Genzyme Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sanofi Genzyme Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2017

Associate Medical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

There was great coordination. I was happy that the first interview was with a lot of folks (6) ie no lengthy screen. It did make a long day. Some in person and some phone. Most difficult aspect was different 'personalities' of various interviewers. For example things would settle casually with one, and the next would be more formal and buttoned up. So just be yourself

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge level of Regs, what attracted you to the job, in 10 words explain therapeutic area (deep clinical expertise not required). Otherwise review of experience.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

One round for phone interview,one round onsite.It was around my previous projects.Some behavior questions.They are interested in problem-solving skills.People are very nice here.Perfect company culture.The overall waiting period is a little long for a contract position

Negotiation

RA III (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Framingham, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Was found by recruiter , who placed my CV with Manager. There was a phone screen next week. It was followed by an onsite interview few days later. The onsite interview was with 5 people.

Interview Questions

• Past experience, relevance to this position. Future interests, etc   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme in September 2015.

Interview

Easy. Just reviewed resume. Interviewers were very friendly and welcoming. Wrapped up before time. Applied with staffing agency, got a phone call the next day for on site. The whole process was very smooth. No technical questions asked. I was just made to talk about the different aspects on my resume.

Quality Control Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Bedford, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Met with four different people. Mostly conversational, they asked easily answerable questions about my work experience. Also made me feel comfortable about my lack of related experience. I felt as though maybe the different people I met were interviewing me for different positions. Decent experience overall, felt a little like management may be shaky.

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Framingham, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Didn't hear anything back initially, and was checking email daily. One morning on my way to work a month or so later, the hiring manager emailed to let me know that the interview schedule had been adjusted and to ask for a different person that morning. Wait... what? The HR folks had never contacted me with the invite. Didn't go to spam/junk, didn't go to old email, just flat out flubbed the invite. So that's awkward, and I never got confirmation that they owned up to it to the hiring manager. Was excited about the role, so I was upset about anything that might harm their perception.

When the interview was rescheduled and finally occurred, it was fair, efficient, and straight-forward. Very nice people. Didn't get an offer, and suspect they filled the position with a qualified internal candidate, but nevertheless, was a pleasant experience when it finally happened.

Interview Questions

• All questions were related to content in the job description. Nothing wild or creative. Very direct and simply probed for job knowledge that a qualified candidate should have for that position.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Waltham, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency regarding this position. The recruiter thought that I would be a good fit for it based on my resume, so I scheduled a 30-minute phone interview with her. Our conversation went well, and she arranged me on site interview 1 week after. On the day of the scheduled interview, I arrived early and the hiring manager is so nice that she rescheduled the time. During the interview, I talked to two scientists in the project team. As they were telling me about the job, and asking questions about my research experience and eligibility for working in USA since I was using my OPT. At the very end of the interview, the hiring manager walked me out at the end, told me they would make a decision soon.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Awesome, friendly and challenging as well. The group is amazing to work with. The company is a good place to work and some very exciting projects to work upon.
    The interviewers are interested in knowing our background more than how we fit in their role.

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Woburn, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I've met with three persons of the work group - one by one, approximately half an hour with each. All of them were scientists, not HR persons. Very kind and enthusiastic people, no pushing, no strange questions like 'What salad dressing would you be?' or anything, just about my experience and skills.
    They told me a lot about their work, actually, I was listening more than talking myself.
    Last interview with the group manager, she was telling me about the department structure, perspectives, and the role in the whole company. She promised to give me the follow up ASAP, and indeed, wrote me in a week after the interview.
    Unfortunately, I didn't fit the team due to overqualification, but got a really nice impression of their environment and research.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager I like and dislike most?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Unbelievably slow and inefficient. Applied online, got an email 6 months later to set up phone call. HR rep would set up screening calls and then not call. Took weeks to schedule in person interview. Then had second round of in person interviews-one with the same person I already met, and she had nothing new to discuss. Next person was 20 min late (for a 30 min slot). Then they added third person who I wasn't scheduled to meet.

I was upfront with my salary requirements in the screening call. HR rep said I never said that to her (why would I lie about something as serious as compensation) and said they were thinking more like $40K less than I wanted. She then made a soft offer $25K less than I currently make. I said no multiple times and she kept harassing me to work with her. I wasn't trying to negotiate, I was not interested.

I also found out later that she disclosed my salary request to one of my references, as in I may not need to speak with you because the candidate is asking WAY too much money. My reference forwarded me the email so I saw it with my own eyes. Completely unprofessional and not a place I ever want to work. Am considering reporting to her manager how terrible she has been to work with.

Interview Questions

Salary was too low, HR was a disaster, would have been a commute, no work from home options.