Sanofi Genzyme Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sanofi Genzyme Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Woburn, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I've met with three persons of the work group - one by one, approximately half an hour with each. All of them were scientists, not HR persons. Very kind and enthusiastic people, no pushing, no strange questions like 'What salad dressing would you be?' or anything, just about my experience and skills.
    They told me a lot about their work, actually, I was listening more than talking myself.
    Last interview with the group manager, she was telling me about the department structure, perspectives, and the role in the whole company. She promised to give me the follow up ASAP, and indeed, wrote me in a week after the interview.
    Unfortunately, I didn't fit the team due to overqualification, but got a really nice impression of their environment and research.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager I like and dislike most?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Unbelievably slow and inefficient. Applied online, got an email 6 months later to set up phone call. HR rep would set up screening calls and then not call. Took weeks to schedule in person interview. Then had second round of in person interviews-one with the same person I already met, and she had nothing new to discuss. Next person was 20 min late (for a 30 min slot). Then they added third person who I wasn't scheduled to meet.

I was upfront with my salary requirements in the screening call. HR rep said I never said that to her (why would I lie about something as serious as compensation) and said they were thinking more like $40K less than I wanted. She then made a soft offer $25K less than I currently make. I said no multiple times and she kept harassing me to work with her. I wasn't trying to negotiate, I was not interested.

I also found out later that she disclosed my salary request to one of my references, as in I may not need to speak with you because the candidate is asking WAY too much money. My reference forwarded me the email so I saw it with my own eyes. Completely unprofessional and not a place I ever want to work. Am considering reporting to her manager how terrible she has been to work with.

Interview Questions

Salary was too low, HR was a disaster, would have been a commute, no work from home options.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Two telephonic interviews- one with HR and the other with hiring manger. On site interview was almost full day interview that included presentation, group interview, 1:1 and lab tour. People from different sub groups interacted with me during the interview. It started with basic question and lead to trouble shooting questions.

Interview Questions

• Mainly from your resume. Asked about couple of trouble shooting scenarios.   Answer Question

Process Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham Center, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Framingham Center, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

I was sat in a room, and a rotating cast of managers and associate directors came through the room. Despite it running over lunchtime, I was not given time to eat, or given lunch.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme.

Interview

Met at a career fair and applied online. Interviewed with HR representative that week.Know your resume and your involvements. Be able to talk about your activities and involvements. There are behavioral questions and technical questions as well.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was being able to convey my technical skills.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Specialty Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2014.

Interview

Received email from hiring mgr bout setting up phone screen 1st thing in the morning. I accomodated her request & her following request to meet f2f (again 1st thing in the morning) at a location that typically takes an hour without traffic (in this case took me over an hour each way). She had told me ahead of time that it would be really informal in a coffee shop. This was not the case! Your typical STAR/situational/behavior-based interview. Thought it went ok, as she seemed to bring up examples of how her background was very similar (i.e. reason for making a change). Went above & beyond w/ ty email, mailed hand-written ty note, & put together a couple of PP presentations (including an action plan). Only response I received was almost a month later - a one liner saying they were proceeding w/ other candidates. Offer would have been contingent on them receiving FDA clearance on Lemtrada & there were supposedly 4 openings in my area. Seemed as if she was looking for someone who already had relationships in MS market. However, it seems as if companies like this no longer honor non-competes and/or don't want to train reps.

Interview Questions

• What neurologists do you have a relationship with?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme.

Interview

I was hired during the peak of consultant hiring period. So, the interview process was brief. A quick telephone interview with a few good questions I was hired. The HR did a good job on pre-screen things. The job offer paper work is formal and complete. The whole process took about two weeks.

Principal Regulatory Affairs Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

The hiring process was quiet smooth and quick as I was called in for face to face interview directly without a phone screening. I had a small general conversation with one of the HR rep within a week of applying for this position. All in all a smooth experience and all the interviewers were very professional. I actually got the denial email from hiring manager and also got feedback on my interview performance and areas of improvement. Based on that conversation I believe I did make a cut but somebody was better than me else you normally don't hear back from the hiring manager and definitely not a feedback on your performance.

Interview Questions

• All the questions asked were standard questions, in fact the interview was more of a conversation than an interview.   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Framingham, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Less experienced people than me interview me!!. I wonder how they rose to those managerial seats. Shallow knowledge and limited experience. Just got lucky and that also explains how further up te ladder management could be.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Meet with multiple people. Start with HR, then Hiring manager, then the rest of the team. Scientists individually, but associates are grouped together as a tribunal. Then back to HR. For second interview, you will meet director team again, maybe will give small seminar.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual. Genzyme doesn't require a formal psych evaluation style interview that places like Merck use. Basically you will be asked about your experience etc. and things relevant to the actual position write up.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Definitely negotiate. The offer is below market and if you accept it, that salary will blunt your future salary raises/promotions for your career.