Sanofi Genzyme Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sanofi Genzyme Research Associate Interview Questions

3.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme in December 2016.

Interview

Resume forwarded to hiring manager through a professor. Phone interview with hiring manager reviewing technical background. Was told I was moved on to the second round and would have an in-person/Skype interview but never received it. Was rejected 2 months later

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sanofi Genzyme

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme.

Interview

phone call with HR within 3 weeks of applying to position, got on-site interview right away after HR call... the onsite consisted of 4 members of team, and 30 minutes each person

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Framingham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

The application process was typical. The interview consisted of a series of one on one interviews and short seminar. The hiring process was very slow, and the recruiter was not very responsive.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want to leave your current company to come to Genzyme?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme.

Interview

I had been submitted to the position through a recruiting agency about two months prior to any contact. I initially had a phone screen and was then quickly invited on-site. For the on-site, I had a half day interview with lunch included. I was given the wrong address and had to go to another building thanks to the help of a nice security guard. At the correct building, I met with a total of eight people from the group including director-level people. Midway into the interview, I could tell that this was a group that I did not want to work with although the position was a great fit for my background. I eventually received an offer for the position but immediately declined it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Waltham, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency regarding this position. The recruiter thought that I would be a good fit for it based on my resume, so I scheduled a 30-minute phone interview with her. Our conversation went well, and she arranged me on site interview 1 week after. On the day of the scheduled interview, I arrived early and the hiring manager is so nice that she rescheduled the time. During the interview, I talked to two scientists in the project team. As they were telling me about the job, and asking questions about my research experience and eligibility for working in USA since I was using my OPT. At the very end of the interview, the hiring manager walked me out at the end, told me they would make a decision soon.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Awesome, friendly and challenging as well. The group is amazing to work with. The company is a good place to work and some very exciting projects to work upon.
    The interviewers are interested in knowing our background more than how we fit in their role.

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Two telephonic interviews- one with HR and the other with hiring manger. On site interview was almost full day interview that included presentation, group interview, 1:1 and lab tour. People from different sub groups interacted with me during the interview. It started with basic question and lead to trouble shooting questions.

Interview Questions

• Mainly from your resume. Asked about couple of trouble shooting scenarios.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Meet with multiple people. Start with HR, then Hiring manager, then the rest of the team. Scientists individually, but associates are grouped together as a tribunal. Then back to HR. For second interview, you will meet director team again, maybe will give small seminar.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual. Genzyme doesn't require a formal psych evaluation style interview that places like Merck use. Basically you will be asked about your experience etc. and things relevant to the actual position write up.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Definitely negotiate. The offer is below market and if you accept it, that salary will blunt your future salary raises/promotions for your career.

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Framingham, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was first contacted by someone from HR via telephone, who asked me basic questions about my experience, why I'm looking for a new job, and why am I interested in the position. I was then contacted a few days later (also by phone) by the hiring manager, who asked me more in depth questions about my experience as well as about my role in my current lab/relationship with my colleagues. About a week after that I went in for an in person interview, where I met the same rep from HR, the hiring manager, and several of my future colleagues (each individually). The atmosphere was very relaxed, I did not ever feel as though I was being interrogated and the questions prompted more of a discussion than an interview. I was very nervous going in but quickly was made at ease. They answered all of my questions happily, and the HR rep was ready to discuss benefits (which I was always taught not to ask about during an interview). The interview was long (3ish hrs) but the time really flew, and everyone was very helpful and kind. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered much more than I expected, and so did not negotiate. I did have to discuss a vacation which I had already planned before applying, and they were happy to accommodate without an issue.

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sanofi Genzyme (Framingham, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

The website is fairly easy to use and each application is given a status which you can follow during the process. You know within a few days whether you were going to be called for a phone interview, or whether your application for a particular position was declined. I worked with the same HR person throughout the entire process who was very helpful and pleasant. Things moved quickly after the initial phone interview, then the interview on site. The background check took nearly two weeks, even though I was initially told it would be only a few days. I ended up being told the two week window was more the usual amount of time it took.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't do too much negotiating. I opened with a higher salary than I was looking for, and when the final offer came back to me, I was happy with it.