Santa Clara University Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.7

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through university job portal. Met with the manager in person. Got an email for interview in person. The process took around 30 minutes and I got my offer letter next week.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

2 interviews! First was about myself and how I think I fit in with the company. Second, was more about the company and what I new about it. They asked me where do I see me fitting in, how would I contribute to the company, and where do I see myself in 5 years if I were to still be with them.

Interview Questions

• What is one of my best qualities   1 Answer

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very standard. I applied and within a week and a half, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. That went really well and I was offered an in person panel and presentation interview. However, in the end I did not receive an offer

Telecommunications Student Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The easiest interview ever. They know that the job is able to be done by essentially anyone, so the interview was completely non-technical and more about finding out whether I was going to be a reliable employee or not. Once they knew that I was available during the times they needed someone and that I wasn't going to actively make their lives harder, I had the job.

Student Caller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very simple process. One behavioral interview and one interview where you have a mock phone call. Be sure to demonstrate your persistence and accountability. Be yourself and speak loudly and clearly.

Interview Questions

• How persistent are you on a scale from 1 to 10?   1 Answer

Adjunct In Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was inquiring about an adjunct position to teach in the area of finance, under the new incoming chair of the finance department. As we discussed and I interviewed, I learned the chair wanted me apply for a tenure associate professor position, not the adjunct position. I learned a tremendous amount, as the Finance Chair was quite courteous and helpful. Dr. Chacko is an outstanding individual. (this took place approximately June 2014).

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to teach undergraduate or graduate? Why?
      Familiarity with case studies, and the use of case studies in teaching?
      Answer Question

Interim Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from R&D Technical for an program support. The recruiter submitted my resume to the program and they requested an interview. I met on campus with two program directors and an assistant dean for the programs, and provided previous work samples, resumes, references, and a touch of levity..

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the many competing events and production deadlines of the program's initiatives, and how do you handle adversity and emergency.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The contracted rate was firm, and I agreed to it. I needed the job so leverage was not an option.

Exam Proctor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The faculty support receives applications from more than 50 students, so please be patient if you do not get any response. I only expressed my interest and got interviewed in 2 weeks, then started working when exam came up.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if one of the students in the exam fainted?   Answer Question

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I came in for an interview at a time that was convenient for both my employer and myself. After a series of questions I was given two mock calls and was given a rough script in which I had to supplement the conversation. The object was to test my conversation skills

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

A quick in-person interview with a few of the administrators in the office. Very simple and straight forward conversations just trying to get to know you and your personality. They were all very friendly and welcoming. There were no questions that were trying to "get you" and they were very open to sharing what the environment and work would be like.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and give us an example of how you are an organized individual.   Answer Question