Santa Clara University Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

2.6

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via phone to schedule an in person interview. There was no initial phone screen and it was just the one interview. I interviewed on a Friday and was told I'd hear back early the following week, but it was two Mondays after that I received an email indicating I would not be offered a position. The interview itself was easy enough, a panel of five women, and once the question and answer portion was done I was led to a waiting area where someone was to join me shortly and give me a tour of the center (which I took to be a good sign). They left me waiting for at least 20 minutes, probably closer to 25 minutes, which I thought was strange because it's not like I wasn't aware they were all in the conference room talking about me. Finally I was led on a brief tour and that was that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging experience in your last role and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Office & Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The receptionist called to scheduled a phone screening with the Assistant Dean. The initial phone screening lasted for about 20 minutes. If you passed that, then they invited you in for a multiple-person interview with the dean, finance department and other team members (done one on one or two on one). The process lasted for about 2-1/2 hours (which may be different if you are interviewing with a different department or position).

Interview Questions

• How do you handle emergencies?   1 Answer
    • What do you do when your supervisor tells you to do something in a completely different way than what you are used to?   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through university job portal. Met with the manager in person. Got an email for interview in person. The process took around 30 minutes and I got my offer letter next week.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

2 interviews! First was about myself and how I think I fit in with the company. Second, was more about the company and what I new about it. They asked me where do I see me fitting in, how would I contribute to the company, and where do I see myself in 5 years if I were to still be with them.

Interview Questions

• What is one of my best qualities   1 Answer

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very standard. I applied and within a week and a half, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. That went really well and I was offered an in person panel and presentation interview. However, in the end I did not receive an offer

Telecommunications Student Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The easiest interview ever. They know that the job is able to be done by essentially anyone, so the interview was completely non-technical and more about finding out whether I was going to be a reliable employee or not. Once they knew that I was available during the times they needed someone and that I wasn't going to actively make their lives harder, I had the job.

Student Caller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very simple process. One behavioral interview and one interview where you have a mock phone call. Be sure to demonstrate your persistence and accountability. Be yourself and speak loudly and clearly.

Interview Questions

• How persistent are you on a scale from 1 to 10?   1 Answer

Adjunct In Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was inquiring about an adjunct position to teach in the area of finance, under the new incoming chair of the finance department. As we discussed and I interviewed, I learned the chair wanted me apply for a tenure associate professor position, not the adjunct position. I learned a tremendous amount, as the Finance Chair was quite courteous and helpful. Dr. Chacko is an outstanding individual. (this took place approximately June 2014).

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to teach undergraduate or graduate? Why?
      Familiarity with case studies, and the use of case studies in teaching?   Answer Question

Interim Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from R&D Technical for an program support. The recruiter submitted my resume to the program and they requested an interview. I met on campus with two program directors and an assistant dean for the programs, and provided previous work samples, resumes, references, and a touch of levity..

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the many competing events and production deadlines of the program's initiatives, and how do you handle adversity and emergency.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The contracted rate was firm, and I agreed to it. I needed the job so leverage was not an option.

Exam Proctor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The faculty support receives applications from more than 50 students, so please be patient if you do not get any response. I only expressed my interest and got interviewed in 2 weeks, then started working when exam came up.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if one of the students in the exam fainted?   Answer Question