Santa Clara Valley Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Santa Clara Valley Medical Center Interview Questions

Interviews at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center

2.6

LVN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center in June 2013.

Interview

simple interviewing process. Applied for extra help during EMR launch, and interview was about 15 minutes long. Interiew was a structured layout, with basic questions about previous experience, and availability.I was hired on the spot.

LVN Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (San Jose, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online took about 6 weeks to get an invitation to take LVN exam , which ranked you based on score. Once ranked your name was sent to hiring managers which emailed or called for interviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions varied from outpatient scenarios to urgent scenario, prioritizing patients, some skills questions the usual blood draw, IV, foley and wound care. Some conflict resolution questions with patients and staff. Also experience in the field. Availability and punctuality also   Answer Question

Clinical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (San Jose, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied the job from county website and it took about 2 weeks to receive a response email to notify your qualifications ranking for this position. Then you will receive another email in couple days asking you to contact the hiring manager with in a certain time to set up an interview. There was no recuitor call. Only email notification when I applied. After interviewed, took the county about 2 weeks to contact you and offered position.

Interview Questions

• What are qualifications do you think you have for this job?   1 Answer
    • What will you do when you are feeling stressed at your job?   Answer Question

Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center in February 2016.

Interview

spent half day talking to team, spoke with manager, spoke with union, nice team, very busy workplace, nice new building, seems like a great place to help the local community. Ultimately ended up not accepting the role but the union seems great.

Radiology Interview

Interview

First your application gets ranked according to your experience. Then if you are top 5 or so, they will call you in for the initial interview. If you are picked for a second interview, then that will come shortly after.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary is set because it is a county job. You can however negotiate a certain step if you have the relevant experience

Clinical Research Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (San Jose, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Government agency interview process are standardized and very rigid. I applied through the hospital's career site, received an email two weeks after the application deadline notifying me that i have been selected for a interview. I was able to skip the phone interview process because there were very few candidates. In person interview was conducted by the program director, a future colleague and a doctor in charge of the program. Questions were the same for every candidates. Half of it were behavioral, half of it were technical. Overall took 30 minutes.

Manager Level Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (San Jose, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

I usually don't write reviews like this but it's been a few days and my recent interview experience didn't sit well with me and wanted to let future applicants, specifically other veterans, be aware of how they answer questions.

I've applied for the same role twice. The first time, I made it past the phone interview and went on to the in person panel interview. Although I didn't get the job, the interview experience was pleasant and when I got the rejection letter for not getting the position, I made sure to send a thank you letter to the Director, thanking them for the time and consideration.

The second and most recent time was a little different. I had a phone interview and it was pretty standard questions and I felt confident in my answers and explanation of my background. However the interviewer, although pleasant, mentioned two things that took me back and I wasn't sure how to respond. First, she made it clear to me, in my opinion, that they were specifically looking for a woman to hold one or all of the open positions(the interview was for 3 open positions). I'm not opposed to that at all but if that's the case, why would I be interviewed other than to just go through the motions? It felt like I was just a number on a list that they had to contact in order to get who they really wanted. I understand this is a common practice in recruiting I just didn't know how to respond.

The second thing that bothered me was the questions about my military experience. I typically try to down play my military experience on my resume and elsewhere because I understand that a lot of employers either don't understand the job or don't want veterans in the organization, especially here in the Bay area. However, I can't completely take it off my resume because no matter how much I try to down play it, it still takes up a significant portion of my work history.

During the interview, I don't remember the exact wording of the question but the interviewer asked something similar to "The military experience is good but how does that help us?" I can't remember exactly what else was asked but I remember fumbling around my answers after that because I felt like I was being told that my military service wasn't good enough. Prior to this, I thought I had done a good job explaining the value I could bring and how my experience related to the position but I'm not sure if it was enough.

After the phone interview, I felt pretty confident that I wouldn't be called back to move forward. I don't fault the interviewer necessarily but want any other veteran that applies to a similar position to be very careful about how they word and explain their service. In my humble experience, a lot of employers, including the county, aren't very military friendly and a lot of times we have to go above and beyond to prove our worth.

From my understanding, SCVMC is a good organization to work for but like others, it's difficult to get past the screening process with a military background.

Interview Questions

• How does your military service help us?   1 Answer

Clinical I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Easy straight forward. It was a one to one interview with the unit nurse manager for a medical surgical unit. I was asked of common drugs and how to administer them. She asked what equipment I was familiar with and how to use it.

Interview Questions

• Asked about diabetic medications
      PPE
      Epic   1 Answer

Hospital Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Must pass standardized test. You are ranked on how well you do on the test. They will start to hire from the top of the list. Once called for an interview I only sat with the nurse manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions like
      Which blood pressure is critical?
      What are universal precautions?   Answer Question

Volunteer Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (San Jose, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview wasn’t super long. Mostly questions of why I am interested to work as a volunteer and what it means for me to work for the hospital. The process was very informal, as the supervisor were really nice and not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as a volunteer here at the Santa Clara valley medical center.   Answer Question