Santa Clara Valley Medical Center LVN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Santa Clara Valley Medical Center LVN Interview Questions

Interviews at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center

2.7

LVN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center in June 2013.

Interview

simple interviewing process. Applied for extra help during EMR launch, and interview was about 15 minutes long. Interiew was a structured layout, with basic questions about previous experience, and availability.I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Santa Clara Valley Medical Center

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (San Jose, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online took about 6 weeks to get an invitation to take LVN exam , which ranked you based on score. Once ranked your name was sent to hiring managers which emailed or called for interviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions varied from outpatient scenarios to urgent scenario, prioritizing patients, some skills questions the usual blood draw, IV, foley and wound care. Some conflict resolution questions with patients and staff. Also experience in the field. Availability and punctuality also   Answer Question

LVN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center in August 2019.

Interview

Applicant Beware- Bait and Switch Tactics Utilized

The first phase of the recruitment process included a timed, written exam (a complete and utter waste of my valuable time) before you can qualify for an interview. The results become available after about 1 month. Keep in mind that this hospital is actively recruiting for extra help positions. Next, depending on how you scored on the exam, you are ranked in order to have your information submitted to various openings throughout the hospital system. Some required a telephone screening prior to an in-person interview. I attended various interviewa for a full-time LVN position here. One in particular stood out. For one opening, I specifically asked the recruiter if it was an extra help or coded position. The rep confirmed prior to interview that it was a full-time, coded position. Upon beginning the interview, one of the hiring managers begins to explain that there is a need for an on-call "extra-help" employee. I immediately paused to confirm if this was the correct position or not.

The point of this is that to proceed with caution with VMC, as the recruiting staff will make you jump through various hoops in order to qualify for an interview, only to be conned into interviewing for a temporary, extra-help position. If you decide to interview for this company, please be advised to ask for full disclosure of the job position prior to attending, in order to set expectations realistically. Objective appears to utilize LVNS to do the heavy lifting of nursing tasks, while allowing the RNs to sit back and relax from behind the scenes.

This company is not one I would seriously pursue once my RN in completed, as there are more valuable hospital structures in the immediate area that know how to identify a qualified employee and compensate him/her accordingly. I did not get the job (to my benefit, because who really wants to work on-call/as needed, I would have turned them down anyway), but was offered a tremendous position with one of the best hospitals in California, which i gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience in (blank) speciality.   1 Answer