Santa Cruz Biotechnology Lab Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Santa Cruz Biotechnology Lab Assistant Interview Questions

1.8

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santa Cruz Biotechnology.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Then I received a call later that day where they asked me some initial questions. Set up an in person interview for the following week and got an offer about a week after that.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Santa Cruz Biotechnology

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Santa Cruz Biotechnology (Santa Cruz, CA).

Interview

Call Culture department - Interview process was very relaxed. No technical questions, only broader discussions regarding what Santa Cruz Biotech does and why you would be a good fit there given your background etc.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked me to describe to them what it is Santa Cruz Biotechnology does, not hard just make sure you do a little research into the company before your interview.   Answer Question

Low pay, and was offered a more promising position elsewhere.

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santa Cruz Biotechnology.

Interview

The hiring process starts with a phone interview where they ask basic questions about who you are, if you are in school or not, what you're studying, what your hobbies are, ect.

This is followed by a second in person interview with one of the lab managers. They ask more in depth questions about what classes you're taking, what interests you the most. Then they ask simple interview questions such as "what has been the most rewarding project you've taken on?", "What is you're biggest weakness?", "How do you think you would handle performing the same repetitive task over and over?", "Can you pay close attention to detail, such as recording lots of numbers accurately?". If the interviewer likes you he/she may bring in a higher up manager to ask you some more questions.

After the in person interview they let you know within a week to two weeks if you got the job. Overall not a very stressful interview/hiring process.

Interview Questions

• "What project have you taken on and made improvements or changes that were rewarding?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay was not very negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Paso Robles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santa Cruz Biotechnology (Paso Robles, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

didnt really ask any questions just mainly explained the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i didnt really negotiate my salary

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santa Cruz Biotechnology in January 2008.

Interview

It's easier to get hired if you know someone already working there. They will submit your resume for review, which will make it much easier to bypass the initial screening. If they ask you to come in, you will interview with every department which needs a worker. Each department will have it's own interview with you (generally just 1 person, sometimes two). The longest wait period if the time before they call you in. After the interview, if they like you, you will generally be hired fairly soon.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to overcome a problem in your previous job.   Answer Question