Santander Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Santander Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Santander

2.7

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santander.

Interview

Applied online. The interview process was fairly simple and straight forward. The recruiter who contacted initially was friendly and set me up for the phone interview with a senior level person, who went through some technical details regarding what I had given on my resume. Was contacted the same week to appear for the next round of interview which was in person at their office. Met with two senior level people at the interview who gave me a good overview of the company and went through my resume details and experience again, and explained to me what I would be doing in my role and how the office culture was, etc. All of them were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty straightforward, such as talk about what you did in your previous work experience and how you contributed to your company's growth   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Santander

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Santander.

Interview

I was contacted by a Recruiter, via e-mail, for an interview for an Analyst position that I had applied for on-line in January 2015. The recruiter wanted to set up a phone interview for the position and so we set a date. 30 minutes before the interview was to begin, I received an e-mail stating that she had encountered some unexpected issues that required her immediate attention, and that she would need to reschedule our phone interview, for a later time. I let her know that this was fine by me, and to contact me with the new phone interview date(s) and time. I never heard back from her, even after I e-mailed her 3 more times reiterating my interest in the position and requesting feed back about the process. I thought that is was strange, but I assumed that another candidate was found and hired and moved on. 7 months later, another Recruiter contacted me about two different positions with Santander, by leaving a voicemail. The positions were not advertised and I had not applied for them, however, she saw my resume on the company website and believed that I would be a good fit for one of the 2 positions that she had in mind. I attempted to contact her back, ( Thursday and Friday) and was unable to reach her on the 2 days following the voicemail. By Monday, the 3rd business day, she informed me by e-mail that she had received my messages and would reach out to me by the close of the day, as she was currently swamped after the weekend. 2 days later, on Wed., after not hearing back, I contacted her again to at least find out what positions she was referring to and to obtain details on these positions. After finally speaking with her and getting a good feel of the positions and the requirements, and providing additional details on my past professional experience, she informed me that she would submit my credentials and speak to the Head of the departments, that held the openings and contact me no later than Friday of that week ( this phone call occurred on a Wed.) By Wed. of the following week, I contacted the Recruiter again, left a message and just mentally washed my hands of the entire sordid process. That was over 3 weeks ago, I have not heard from the Recruiter again, and I suspect that I never will. I don't know what this company has going on, but if the manner in which they handle prospective employees is any indication of the communication, etiquette, integrity or basic considerations in which they interact with the current employees, I am grateful for missing this bullet. What is with these people?

Interview Questions

• Explain past work experiences and how these experience would be of benefit to me in this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dorchester, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Santander (Dorchester, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

HR was great. He explained the departments that were hiring and why. Also disclosed that the department I applied was moving to another location soon, inaccessible to me, so offered me another position.

Interview Questions

• Hiring Manager only asked: "Do you think you'll be a good fit?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Santander (Boston, MA).

Interview

The process was pretty long but standard in terms of interviewing. I applied around the last week of February via LinkedIn but did not hear back until late May for a phone interview with HR. Two weeks later I was asked for my availability to come in for an in person interview with the three managers and one director. It was nothing difficult. The direct manager and director asked a couple technical questions, one of the other managers just asked me all situational questions and the last one just explained to me about the position and the company. They got back to me about a month later with an offer. During this waiting period I even emailed the HR for updates.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Far too many interviews for the position and my experience level, and my familiarity to the persons doing the hiring. HR hiring process was tedious, but not out of the ordinary.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Santander in February 2018.

Interview

4 rounds interviews. First talked with my current supervisor. He asked my past experiences and some relevant projects. For the second and third rounds, it was very technical. Basically about statistics and financial markets. Finally, with the head of the department, it was some general business discussions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Santander (Lisbon (Portugal)) in March 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was easy because there isn't a lotsof fpeopleinterested in going to that job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasn't any negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in June 2007.

Interview

Is was very challenging. People asked for technical stuff as well as indepht knowledge of financial matters. Group dynamics and 1:1 interview also took place.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Santander in January 2007.

Interview

Its good

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Madrid (Spain)) in August 2012.

Interview

I started as a contractor, so first I had an interview with the HR agency to get familiar with the job functions and provide details on my CV. Afterwards I had an interview with HR and hiring manager from Santander. Nice and relaxed interview, some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• No out of the ordinary questions....why did apply for the position?   Answer Question