Santander Customer Service Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Santander Customer Service Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Santander

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Reading, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Basic, standard interview. Description of job duties, general questions about past employment and education. I asked general questions about opportunities to advance, general pay scale, hours, etc. Interviewer was friendly and upbeat and able to answer all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an irate customer   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Santander

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Santander (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)) in December 2019.

Interview

The phone interview went really well. I was sweating through the whole because of how nervous I was. Just remember to breathe and don’t worry if you think oh they don’t like me. There is a chance that because you’re nervous, you’re just building it all up in your head?

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bootle, Merseyside, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Bootle, Merseyside, North West England, England (UK)) in November 2019.

Interview

Online application, followed by an online assessment. Shortly after the online assessment, I was contacted by email to arrange a telephone interview for the following week. The telephone interview was relatively brief and covered things like experience and employment history. At the end of the telephone interview, I was invited to an assessment day that same week.

The assessment day lasted for around 3 hours and the assessment consisted of a short group icebreaker with the other candidates, a numeracy and data accuracy test, a one-on-one competency based interview and then a communications test alongside another candidate.

The numeracy and data accuracy tests were relatively easy and we went through some practice questions before we began. For the main test there were 10 numeracy questions and 26 data accuracy questions. A calculator was provided and we were given 15 minutes to complete all the questions.

The competency based interview was similar to the telephone interview, but a little more in-depth and included questions about your knowledge of the company and what you would bring to the role.

For the communications test, we were sorted into pairs and given a bag of lego pieces and a number of different blueprints. One candidate took the role of the builder and the other was the instructor. The instructor was not allowed to see which lego pieces the builder had, and the builder was not allowed to see what blueprint the instructor had. We were given a short time limit and tasked with determining which lego pieces we had and which was the correct blueprint to follow. The instructor then had to guide the builder and give them clear instructions to build the structure shown in the blueprints. Once completed, a different bag of lego pieces was provided and the instuctor and builder swapped roles.

Once the communication test was completed, we rejoined the other candidates, and were thanked for attending. We were then told that we would find out if we had been successful the following day and sent home.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Leeds, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

Once I completed the online assessment I received a phone call from the recruitment team and booked i for a phone interview. Where only three competency based questions were asked this went successfully and I was invited to the assessment day. Here I had to complete a phone role play based on a scenario but you are given time to plan what to say, then a math and accuracy test and finally a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone questions
      When have you identified a risk at work and how have you dealt with it?
      Tell me about a time you gave exceptional customer service?

Face to face interview
      What targets have you been set and how have you met them?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

This review is long but is exactly how the application process went step by step:

I started out by submitting my CV to a job advert for the role. A few days later I recieved an email inviting me to complete an online assessment. This was divided into 4 sections and took around 30 - 45 minutes.

The first section has you answering multiple choice questions about how you would handle situations with customers and your workload and handling certain situations in the workplace.

The second section is a numeracy test (again multiple choice questions). The questions are fairly simple, asking you to work out easy percentages with the use of a calculator and other even more simple calculations (addition etc..).

The third section requires you to review and interpret passages of text (only a few sentences long). You answer multiple choice questions which test your accuracy in making judgements when interpreting the text (pretty easy, you just need to pay attention to what they are asking you and how it matches with the passage of text).

The final section tests you on your matching abilities (multiple choice again) and has you matching post codes, account numbers, phone numbers etc. Some of the answers are really similar so make sure to double check.

After completing the online stage and if you are successful you are emailed about a phone interview where you can book a time and date slot.

When they first call you they discuss the role and the salary, they ask if you can commit to the start date and ask you about your work history etc. The phone interview then commences and they ask you three competency based questions (I have listed them below). They then tell you if you have been successful (which I was) and ask if you can attend the next available assessment day (which was exactly one week after my phone interview) and ask if you have any holidays booked etc.

After the phone call you recieve an email with all the info about the assessment day and some info about how to prepare. The assessment day takes place at the Santander building in St Vincent Street and is basically a repeat of everything you have done up until this point: timed numeracy test with calculator, timed matching test, both very easy, and a competency based one to one interview with similar questions as before (see listed below).

However, on top of that you have a role play. You are given info regarding the roleplay and can take notes and have them with you. My role play consited of an angry customer calling about a new debit card that hadn’t arrived. You have to make sure to apologise, tell them what action can be taken then offer a follow up call. You also have to ask for missing info on their account (like email address and post code). Then you have to try and “sell” them online banking and offer to set up their account (there are cues in the things the person is saying to prompt you to mention it). They then mention they are getting married (make sure to build rapport with the customer, tell them congrats, ask when the wedding is etc). Then try and sell them a personal loan and offer the sales team to call them at their convenience. At the end of the phone call you have to fill in a sheet which mimicks the notes you would put on the account and say what the call consisted of and what actions had been taken and about any follow ups (make sure to keep this accurate, clear, and concise - it helps to take notes during the role play i.e. what time is best to call them back on a certain date).

If you have been successful following the assement day they call you the next day giving you a provisional offer subject to a vetting process before they send you your contract of employment. I was told if anyone was unsuccesful they would recieve an email and a chance to book a call for feedback on the assessment day about how you did and what you could have done differently.

Even though the process was long it was an overall positive and fair expeirence and everyone I came into contact with during the application process seemed really friendly and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Santander? (Phone and one to one interview)   1 Answer
    • Can you give an example of when you have given exceptional customer service? (Phone and one to one interview)   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision. (One to one interview)   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)).

Interview

applied online, initial application process was straightforward, got an email to do a maths and scenario test. two days later was called for a telephone interview, he asked the usual competency questions and was successful. got invited to the face to face interview, this was made up of 3 parts - a maths test (similar to online), a telephone role play (was fine, just have an enthusiastic tone and be empathetic) and a one to one interview (very casual chat in my opinion and only asked 3 competency questions). got offered the job the next morning

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • tell me a time you had to take leadership but your team wasnt happy about it   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santander (Brighton, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied for the vacancy online, and then got a email from them with a link to do an online assessment which consist basic situational judgement, numerical, data interpretation, statement check and reasoning questions. After a week or so got an email from them booking for the telephonic interview. They called at the exact time which was scheduled for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you currently employed? Work background, availability, salary expectation, how do u plan to go to work,eligibility to work, weekend work, relocation,etc   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you provided exceptional customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you build relationship with a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you find risk at work and how did u manage to cope with it   Answer Question
    • Why you want to work with santander.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santander in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online and had to answer a basic maths questions..... (percentages)then got a telephone call to arrange telephone interview...telephone interview took about half a hour ask general question about my past customer service experience... and situations and how I responded...

Interview Questions

• In the past how have I used risk management in a previous roll..   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander.

Interview

Apply online by sending a cv then if successful they invite you to do an online assessment which includes competency based questions, maths mainly percentages, and database work. If successful they send you an email to book a telephone interview which again ask you questions about your previous work. Tell me a time..

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online through the Santander UK website, I was then invited to a phone interview which I'm going to be reviewing here (I will then write another review about the assessment day):
    First of all, the interviewer called me about several hours after the interview was scheduled and did not apologise about this. Then I started to answer questions...and at the end I was informed about what will happen if I am successful at this stage, which I was.

Interview Questions

• How does the role sound to you?
       Do you have any notice period?
      How do plan on coming to work?
      Have you previously worked for Santander?
      CCJ, Bankruptcy, IVA, Eligibility to work in the UK?   1 Answer
    • Could you please tell me about your current role?   1 Answer
    • Are you currently looking for opportunities at other companies? Do you have any interviews scheduled shorty? May I ask when?   Answer Question
    • Why in particular are you interested in joining Santander?   Answer Question
    • What appeals to you about the customer advisor role?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you to perform well at work?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you identified a risk and what you did then?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have gone out of your way to help a customer? What did you learn from that?   Answer Question