Santander Customer Service Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Santander Customer Service Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Santander

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Reading, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Basic, standard interview. Description of job duties, general questions about past employment and education. I asked general questions about opportunities to advance, general pay scale, hours, etc. Interviewer was friendly and upbeat and able to answer all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an irate customer   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Santander

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Santander (Leicester, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied for the position online. Was them sent an email to complete an online assessment.
    Another email was sent to complete another set of questions, including verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning, competency based questions.

I was then contacted for a telephone interview where I was asked to confirm administrative details and was then asked what motivated me to apply for the job. I was then asked a series of competency questions describing past experiences or situations of a specific nature.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at our santander call centre.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when there was a risk to your personal or work life and what you did about it.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Santander (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

Longer than expected but typical of role type. Telephone interview followed by face to face interview and group presentation l. Straightforward customer service based answers used as examples seem to work well

Interview Questions

• Experience in similar roles. How to deal with difficult situations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

There were a few interview stages including the initial online testing, a telephone interview and then an assessment centre.

The initial online testing consisted of some data and numeracy questions, I'd suggest grabbing a calculator but nothing too difficult.

After that you'll be invited to a telephone interview which is really just a chat about the role and the company and then a few quick and easy questions about yourself and your experience in customer service.

After being told you're successful you'll be invited to an assessment centre, normally takes place on a Wednesday or Thursday. You'll be asked to arrive around 15 minutes early and report to reception in the large Santander building in the city centre. The location is only about 10 minutes max from central station.

You'll then be asked to take a seat with the other candidates in the waiting area and shortly after somebody will come and meet you and give you a brief run down of what will happen throughout the day. At this point they will ask for your identification and proof of address which they will then take away to copy and return to you throughout the day.

After this brief 5 minute introduction all candidates ( around 6 ) will be taken to a room where you'll sit round a table with another member of the recruitment staff. Again they will give you a brief rundown of the day, let you know of any breaks you'll be given etc.

The recruiter will then give a little background information with regards to themselves and will continue to ask each candidate to do the same. You're expected to give a 60 second overview of what skills you have that would be suitable for the role and then why you chose Santander rather than a competitor.

Following from this you'll remain in the room with the other candidates and go over a test run of the data test. The recruiter will set a timer and ask you to complete 5 questions on the front of the booklet to give you an idea of what questions to expect and how long you'll have to answer each question. They will then go over the answers afterwards and tell you how each question should have been answered.

Then it's time for the real test. You have 20 minutes to complete 10 numeracy questions ( very easy, much easier than the online test ) and 40 data accuracy questions where you're given one set of numbers and asked to find the matching set.

After this section is done you're handed a booklet on your role play. You're given 15 minutes to prepare for the role play and then a different interviewer will come for each candidate, taking each person to a different location, to assess this part. You're allowed to take all the notes you've made and the booklet for this and the interviewer will be taking notes and following a script throughout the role play assessment also so it is quite informal and nothing to worry about.

Finally you'll be brought back to the room, given another little break and a run through of the salary expectations, holidays etc and any additional information that has maybe been missed.

The last part of the interview is the one to one, face to face interview where again you'll be taken away separately by a different interviewer. This section can be up to a max of 45 minutes.

The interviewer will start, again, with a brief background about themselves and their work in the company followed by asking the same about you. They'll ask about what you've been doing up until this point as a 'get to know you' type exercise.

You'll then move on to some competency based questions where you'll be asked to provide examples with relation to customer service. My questions included things such as ' Give an example of when you've had to make a difficult decision'.

Remember to use the STAR method that they will have mentioned in the welcome pack and throughout the day. This means talk about a situation, the task you were given, the action you took and then the result of this action.

This is the end of your interview and you'll be left to hand in your pass and go home.

You're then contacted the next day with the result of your interview and asked to complete the reference and vetting forms if successful. They'll send you a link to do this via email. Be sure to do this within the 48 hours.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you've had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Santander (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Personally, it was a very negative experience. Highly recommend do not waste your time on applying for this role, if you are intelligent, have future and potential in pursuing a higher level career. As this job is an entry level and the selection processes shows that they will only pick up people in that level too. I was told I was over qualified for the role, so they didn't offer me the job. I don't know why they didn't say so when I applied online. Then it could save both of our time. Santander even don't offer to reimburse the travel fee to assessment centre. So If you want to have a try, then you will see.

For school leavers who want an entry level job, I will brief the application process to you. The application was very simple. Online application, then some really simple online tests, then telephone interview. It is called a telephone interview but it is just an informal chat, really simple interview questions. the person is really friendly though. Then the assessment day. Lasted 3 hours. 1, Numerical and accuracy tests are really dead easy. 2, role play, it is job related. Interviewer acted as a customer, you will try to help and also sale products to him. 3, one-to-one interview. Again really easy interview questions. All competency based. No need to worry at all. As they will give you the job as long as you don't show any negative things. For those people who over qualified, you no need to try. As no matter how positive you are, they wocn't wrant you. They want the people who actually stay rather than who is best for the company. So if you really want to apply, hide your qualifications and good luck.

Interview Questions

• Why Santander? Why this role?
      Why you want to leave your current role? available date?
      What good customer service you offered before?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Long process. Apply online through website > Wait for email asking you to complete two online tests > Competency based phone interview > One to One interview in branch.

If you're successful, you will need to pass pre-employment checks prior to starting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Santander? Why did you choose us over our competitors?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

rather casual one on one interview in the seating area within the santander main reception, it was held by one interviewer a team leader from the business team within the company

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bootle, Merseyside, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santander (Bootle, Merseyside, North West England, England (UK)).

Interview

Im just going to jump straight to the assesment day (sorry). We were each given a sheet of paper and asked to write our hobbies, aspirations, home and work. We were told this was an ice breaker an we wasnt marked for it. Next I had my maths test, there are 5 practice questions you go through then the main test begins. About 90% of the questions involve matching the same numbers. Next was my interview which was about 10 minutes. I was asked about 3 questions, one involved when I have gone the extra mile for a customer and another about meeting deadlines (I think). Lastly was role play were you were given information about a customer and the bank you work for. Basically you have to pretend your having a conversation with the customer and its your job to find out her queries. You can take your notes with you which helps. What is really important is that your friendly and you build up a rapport with them. Speak to them about their holiday (you will understand when you see the brief. Anyway they rang me the next day and offered me a job. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have provided excellent customer service   8 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online via Indeed.co.uk and applied using my CV.

Received an email a few days later inviting to an online process which includes competency questions and mathematical questions.

Then invited to a telephone call a couple of days later where the questions were mostly competency based again, and then invited to the assessment centre 2 days later.

Assessment centre consisted of maths and matching data questions for 20 mins. Followed by a role playing exercise and then a final 1-1 competency based interview.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process is fairly long considering the role you are applying for and the time it takes for them to get back to you after the interview (in my case - not at all).

Firstly you are required to do an online test which takes around 25 minutes. At the face-to-face interview, I took another test (almost exactly the same as online, only on paper). Following this, there are some basic interview questions and then a role play exercise. The man interviewing me seemed nice enough but not enthusiastic at all, so it felt a little awkward.

I was told that normally they get back to people on the same day but I would hear back the Monday after my Friday afternoon interview. Fine by me. Needless to say, I did not hear anything. Over the week I called four times and emailed two different people. Both people called saying they didn't have my interview paperwork. They promised they would call me on 2 separate occasions, neither of which have happened. No reply, no feedback, nothing.

Over a week passed and I am convinced they lost my paperwork somehow. I assume I won't hear from them again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went the extra mile for a customer.   Answer Question